We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to shimla

Which Shimla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Davangere
4 posts
Save Topic
trip to shimla

we r planning to go to shimla. but we haen't got the reservation from kalka to shimla and we would like to travel by road. so give suggestions.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to shimla

Iam not sure when you are making the Journey from kalka to Shimla because there are even Delux trains from Kalka to Shimla and you may check for the Reservation online and book at www.irctc.o.in

Just 20kms before the Kalka is Chandigarh City which is the Capital for Punjab and i guess there should be better transport from there with better quality of Coaches.

Pahalgam, India
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to shimla

There is a beautiful train trip on the toy train which gokes from Kalka/Chandigarh to Shimla. This really is the best way to travel to Shimla. In google if you type kalka to shimla by train you will get alot of information about this trip.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to shimla

If you want to travel by train from Kalka to Shimal the best would be to use the Shivalik Express which starts around 7am and this is a sort of Delux Train and fare includes Refreshments.

Delhi
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to shimla

hello,

Kindly let me know weather in Oct mid.Iam planning to reach Shimla by Volvo AC bus at night ,I should reach by early morning. will it be better to travel during day or at night??

5. Re: trip to shimla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, August 17, 2009