We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shimla Visit Itinerary (feedback required)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Shimla Visit Itinerary (feedback required)

Dear All,

Below is how I have worked out my Shimla trip as per suggestions I have read on Trip Advisor. Your kind feedback would be highly appreciated.

05/03/2014 - Take the Hwh Dli Klk Mail (12311) at 03.50am to Kalka. From there I would like to catch the Shivalik Deluxe Express (52451) at 5.30am to Shimla.

06/03/2014 - Take the Himalayan Queen (52456) at 10.30am to Kalka. From there catch the Kalka Shatabdi (12011) at 5.45pm to Chandigarh.

OR

06/03/2014 - Take the Shivalik Deluxe Express (52452) at 5.40pm to Kalka. From there catch the Kalka Mail (12312) at 11.55pm to Chandigarh.

Hotels Shorlisted: Kapil Hotel and Hotel White

Things I want to see: Viceregal Lodge, i guess this is the only thing abit far from.the Mall / Ridge are (do correct me if i am wrong)

Do let me know if there is anything else of interest that I should see while I am at Shimla? Snow doesn't excite me as I have already been to Kashmir. Also will half day be sufficient for me to cover Shimla so that I may leave the next.morning via Himalayan Queen at 10am.

Also any advice on Chandigarh hotels would be good :) If anyone has used agents to purchase tickets for the trains would appreciate it if you could share their contacts.

All your feedbacks would be highly appreciated :)

Shimla, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shimla Visit Itinerary (feedback required)

Dear writer,

Apart from a visit to Vice Regal Lodge (Monday closed) and a stroll on the Mall, I would advice you a walk or Mountain bike ride through the Shimla Water Catchment Sanctuary, 8 km drive en route Kufri. This 130 year old preserved Sanctuary is an absolute delight for those who intend to enjoy Nature walks, Mountain biking and interested in Bird Watching.

Duration of experience: 4 hour (Shimla to Shimla), Monday closed.

One can get the entry permits from at the entrance gate.

Happy traveling.

2. Re: Shimla Visit Itinerary (feedback required)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 05, 2015