We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi to hotel

chandigarh
13 posts
Save Topic
taxi to hotel

Hello everyone,

I have booked my stay with hotel silvernine on 20th May. Will I be able to get a local taxi from Shimla bus stand to the hotel? If so, what would be the rates?

Any info on the above said would be appreciated.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,952 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi to hotel

From the new bus terminus to the hotel will be around Rs.500 by taxi. You can take city bus from the new bus terminus and reach the city bus stand, the sevice is in every 10 minutes and taxi fare from city bus stand to the hotel will be around Rs.200.

Edited: 3:33 am, March 07, 2012
chandigarh
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi to hotel

Hi Ashish,

thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of a new bus terminus in shimla. is it advisable to reach hotel silverine by our own car? they claim to have their own parking facility? I will be driving down from chandigarh. I have a small car (Spark).

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,952 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi to hotel

The car will reach right upto the hotel. Its located next to the high court.

AshisRoy

Edited: 4:56 am, March 07, 2012
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi to hotel

Bhavneet,

All local travel is for flat Rs.200 in Shimla (many times even less). I have rarely paid more than rs.150!! So you dont need to pay Rs.500. Its a good decision to drive and park with hotel though. You can use your car for sight seeing outside shimla. You know what the scene is to park at the Lift, as you are from Chandigarh...

Check the following in case u opt for local transport:

http://www.hptdc.nic.in/trans.htm

Choose a long route bus from Chd so that you dont have to go to New Bus Stand

Have fun!

Edited: 9:42 am, March 08, 2012
5. Re: taxi to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:40 am, June 18, 2013