We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shimla

Which Shimla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saharanpur, India
1 post
Save Topic
shimla

we are planning shimla tour during first week of december most probably for 3-4 days.can we enjoy snow during the stay?what are the taxi charges to shimla from kalka?

i will be travelling with my husband and 4 yr old daughter with a medium budget from saharanpur(u.p).

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,652 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shimla

Possibility of snow in Shimla in first week of December is almost nil. You can stay 3 days and do local sight seeing + Kufri, chini bungalow, Naldehra + Narkanda, Tattapani.

Kalka – Shimla taxi fare Rs.1500 (Indica), Rs.2200 (Indigo) & Rs.1700 (Sumo).

AshisRoy

Edited: 11:14 am, November 19, 2011
dELHI
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: shimla

We are planning to visit shimla on 8th june which would be a 2 days stay,we are looking for a cool place to stay,preferably in fagu or kufri or nearby,away from shimla mall road,please suggest a hotel with a budget of 1500-2000 per night.

Also,if possible please suggest another place to visit instead of shimla within the range 450 kms from delhi,with low temperature a cool place.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shimla

Hi Yogesh-S S,

You can stay at Kufri Holiday Home in Kufri or Apple Blossom in Fagu.

Another place which can be substituted for Shimla is Renukaji, Dalhousie, Chail, Kasauli, Nainital, Mussoorie, Dalhousie, Chamba, Khajjiar, Narkanda etc

Hope this helped!

dELHI
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: shimla

Hi,Vaishali Thanks for your response,

We have decided to stay in narkanda and I believe its a good place to stay with good weather,we have decided to stay in nature camp narkanda promoted by HP state forest corporation.Could anyone please suggest is it okay to stay at this place and do they have good service and facilities?

Else please suggest any other place to stay in Narkanda,with a budget of about 2000 per night per room,we would require 3 rooms/tents/cottage,looking forward for a quick response.

Also please suggest if it is advisable to drive on your own to Narkanda as do not have much experince in driving on hills,just been to nainital and bhimtal once while driving on my own

Edited: 12:29 am, May 29, 2012
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shimla

Hi Yogesh-S S,

Its okay to drive but you can hire a cab also. Roads are v good. I dont know anything about the Nature camp but u can stay at the The Hatu.

Vishal Taxi Union, Near HPTDC Lift, Circular Road, Shimla. Tel: 0177- 2657645 (for travel around and within Shimla)

•Kalka Shimla Taxi Union , Main Bus Stand, Shimla. Tel: 0177- 2651162, 2658225 (for travel from Delhi to Shimla or Kalka to Shimla)

•Prepaid Taxi Service. Tel : 0177- 2658892

Long Distance (200 kms or more) 1500 (small car) 2500 (SUV)

Short Distance (80 kms or so)1350 (small car) 2350 (SUV)

Local travel one way pick or drop is Rs 200/-

Shimla to Narkanda and back is 1800

Shimla to Kufri, Mashobra, etc 6 spots is 620/-

Shimla route and roads are accident prone and accident mean death and not handicap. For your own safety hire a native himachali driver through the union and not private vendors where drivers may be non-native and even Sikh or from UP.

Hope this helped!

dELHI
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: shimla

thanks for your prompt response

You scared me with the note given below,please suggest,can we drive on our own or is it that this note is for non native drivers who drive recklessly.

Shimla route and roads are accident prone and accident mean death and not handicap. For your own safety hire a native himachali driver through the union and not private vendors where drivers may be non-native and even Sikh or from UP.

Edited: 12:08 pm, May 29, 2012
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shimla

Yogesh-S S,

You can drive yourself but drive slow and carefully. Narkanda is higher region and steep turnings. If you are cautious and slow there is nothing to worry. I didnt mean to scare u but it is best to know the risk in advance.

Try and reach your destination before dark.

BR,

Kolkata (Calcutta...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: shimla

we are planning shimla, kulu & manali tour during second week of october most probably for 5-6 days.can we enjoy snow during the stay ? can any give me an idea about the taxi charges for total trip ?

i will be travelling with my wife with a medium budget from Kolkata (W.B).

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,652 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shimla

hirak_roychowdhury

Snow is expected in mid-October at Rohtang.

Taxi charges : Shimla-Kufri-Chail Rs.2000

Shimla- Kufri- Fagu-Chini Bungalow Rs.1000. Local sight seeing in Shimla Rs.800.

Manali-Kothi-Rahla Fall- Solang Valley-Rohtangpass = Rs.1600/1800

Manali-Kullu-Naggar-Manikaran = Rs.1800. Local sight seeing in Manali = Rs.750

Edited: 1:37 am, May 08, 2013
Arenas de San...
Level Contributor
706 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shimla

Taxis from Kalka - shimla dont necessarily follow the official tariff structure. I was asked for Rs. 2400 for a small car for a single passenger. I think it depends a little on your luck as well.