We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kullu, Manali in November 2011

Which Shimla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, Michigan
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Kullu, Manali in November 2011

Help Needed

We have plan a very short trip to Kullu & manali. We are reaching Kullu from Delhi early in the morning via flight ( 1st week of Nov. 2011). We have only 2 days to see both places. Here is the plan that we have set.

1. After reaching Kullu, we were planning to hire a taxi to see few places in Kullu and then late afternoon drive down to Manali.

2. We already have booked a hotel in Manali.

3. Next day we were planning to visit few places in Manali also make a trip to Rothang pass. If possible visit Solong Valley, Naggar

4. 3rd day we have to drive back from Manali to Kullu very early morning for our flight back to Delhi.

I know it is kind of tight schedule but could not change it.

Questions:

1. Will it be better to hire a taxi near Kullu airport for 3 days who will take us to visit various places in Kullu and then take us to Manali, stay in Manali and then bring us back to Kullu airport the 3rd day. If so then what should be the approximate cost. We are party of 4 adults.

2. Or will be better to hire a separate taxi for Kullu and the a separate taxi for Manali ?

3. Can someone provide the Name & Phone # for individual taxi driver or company that I can contact?

4. What will be the important places to see in both places?

Thanks

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,690 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kullu, Manali in November 2011

Ramesh0317

It would be better to hire a car for the entire trip, since, your itinerary has no space, vehicle at your disposal would be convenient. You may contact Ashtvinayak Tours & Travels, +91-98160-24288

and 09736124288, 09736418088, Email: tripmanali@yahoo.com

They are reliable.

The suggestive itinerary : Day1 : Arr. Kullu, transfer to Manali. After check-in local sight seeing [Hadimba Temple, Vasisith ashram, Manu Mandir, spend some time on the bank of river Beas.

Day2 : Rohtang Pass [closed in tuesday], if its closed then Solang Valley and Naggar.

AshisRoy

Rochester, Michigan
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kullu, Manali in November 2011

Thank you for your quick response.

There is a slight change in our program.

Day 1: Kullu to ManiKaran , ManiKaran to Naggar and then Naggar to Manali

Question: Can this be done? I don’t know how many hours it will take for each journey?

Day 2: Manali local sightseeing in the morning ( Hadimba Temple, Manu Manu Mandir…) and then go to Rothang Pass for couple hours, then to Solang Valley and river Beas as you have suggested.

The cost of all these have been suggested by one taxi company is 12000.00 inclusive of everything.

I will call the company that you have suggested in your email.

Does Rothang really closes on Tuesday? That is the day we were planning to go there as we are arriving Kullu on Monday. How do I confirm this? Please advice.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,690 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kullu, Manali in November 2011

[Day 2: Manali local sightseeing in the morning ( Hadimba Temple, Manu Manu Mandir…) and then go to Rothang Pass for couple hours, then to Solang Valley and river Beas.]

This itinerary will take 2 days.

Day1 - Manali local sights + Solang

Day2 - Rohtang Pass will take 1 full day.

Rohtang Pass is closed on Tuesday.

AshisRoy

Edited: 3:22 am, October 20, 2011
Rochester, Michigan
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kullu, Manali in November 2011

Thank you for the response.

One more question. Some one told me that Taxis at Kullu airport the belong to some union and they do not allow outside taxi's to come and pickup the passangers. Is this true?

Thanks

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,690 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kullu, Manali in November 2011

There is some restriction. Though its not so rigid. But, it would be better to hire the vehicle from local transport operators.

Edited: 12:42 pm, October 20, 2011
Rochester, Michigan
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kullu, Manali in November 2011

Thank you

Mumbai (Bombay...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kullu, Manali in November 2011

Dear Mr. Roy,

Can u please help me in fixing my tour itinerary for a couple scheduled on Shimla-Kullu-Manali around 25th November, 2012, as given below:

Day 1: Arrive at Shimla via Shivalik Express (Origin of Journey: Delhi via Howrah Kalka Mail)

Day 2: Full day trip to Kufri, Fagu, Naldehra, Chini. Evening – Strolling around the Ridge.

Day 3: Shimla to Manali by HPTDC Bus

Day 4: Manali Local Sightseeing (Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Vasisth Kund etc. Afternoon – Shopping.)

Day 5:Day trip to Kullu and Manikaran

Day 6: full day to snow Point visiting Kothi Village, Gulaba, Marhi, Rohtang Pass and sollang valley

Day 7: Manali Roaming

Day 8: Manali to Kalka to catch Howrah Kalka Mail at 23:55 pm and reach Howrah on Day 10 at 7:30 am

Also, please let me know the following (during last week of November):

1. Hotels that have rooms under Rs. 1000/night

2. Check-in/out time of the hotels

3. If I take a cab(indica/Innova) from Shimla for the whole trip and drop back at Kalka, what could be the total Cost of the Cab?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,690 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kullu, Manali in November 2011

SamIndiaTrave...

The itinerary seems known to me :) However, please note a few changes. Since you are arriving Shimla by Shivalik Dlx Exp. You'll have ample time to see local sights of Shimla (The Ridge, Prospect Hill, Glen, Elysium Hill, Chadwick Falls). Keep next day for Naldehra & Tattapani. Day 6 seems too congested, split the sights as follows : Day6 : Rohtang, Rahala, Kothi. Day7 : Solang Valley & Naggar.

You can avail Howrah bound train from Chandigarh or Ambala also, which are well connected to Manali.

Indica will charge Rs.1700 per day/200 kms. Innova Rs.2200 per day / 200 kms.

AshisRoy

Edited: 10:44 am, April 20, 2012
Mumbai (Bombay...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kullu, Manali in November 2011

Dear Mr Roy,

Thanks for you suggestions !

I will keep in mind while making the final tour path.

Also, can you please let me know the following (during last week of November): Hotels that have double bedded rooms under Rs. 1000/night Preferably in the range (INR 600 - 900) at both Shimla and Manali?

Once again, Thnaks for your suggestions !

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
34,690 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kullu, Manali in November 2011

SamIndiaTrave...

At present market rate, you won't get a reasonably good and clean hotel room @ Rs.600-900. Specilally in Shimla and Manali. I would suggest to increase the budget to Rs.1.8K - 2K, so that, your holiday may not spoiled because of sub-standard hotel, specially, when you are travelling with your family.

In Shimla : You may try Sangeet, Crystal Palace, Gulmarg, Diplomat.

In Manali : Hotel New Adarsh, Dreamland, Chetna, Devlok, Kunal, Classic, Evergreen, Status Inn, Vintage, H.Tourist.

AshisRoy

Edited: 3:44 am, April 21, 2012