We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

Atlanta
Level Contributor
28 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

I am planning ahead for a trip to India and am trying to coordinate travel between Dehli, Agra, Jaipur and back to Delhi. Can anyone give me any information on the options of traveling between these cities? I am currently flying from Atlanta to Delhi, arriving Sunday, Oct 28, 2007. My thought was to spend one night in Delhi to recover a bit from the flight at the Oberoi Hotel, then travel from Delhi to Agra, spend two nights at the Oberoi Amarvilas, then Agra to Jaipur for an additional two nights at Oberoi Rajvilas, then back to Delhi for three more nights at Oberoi before flying from Delhi to Atlanta on Monday, Nov 5, 2007. I'm told These three hotels would be of the highest standard in India. Does anyone have any comments on these hotels? Is is possible to fly between these cities to avoid the 4+ hour drives between the cities? Can anyone give me name of airlines that may fly these routes? Would it be better to change the order of the cities I wish to visit?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Delhi
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

Hi, there is no flight sevice between Delhi - Agra and Agra - Jaipur but you can take flight to Delhi from Jaipur and Jet Airways, Indian Airline, Kingfisher and Air Go are operating between Jaipur and Delhi sector.

delhi
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

hi good option for you if u go bye taxi u have a chepet price 4 that and its so comfert for you with fully privecy delhi to agra 4and half hrs drive agra to fatepur sikari to jaipur and jaipur to delhi its a one best option for you. bobwilson

wales united kingdom
Level Contributor
250 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

Hi

You can travel Delhi to Agra,and Agra to Jaipur by train and fly back to Delhi from Jaipur. The train to Agra is very good and fast if a little early.

You can get the early morning train to Agra check in to hotel then a taxi to Fatikra Sikhri ( can't remember how to spell it). You can then see the Taj at dawn the next day when it is quiet. You will have time to visit the fort later that day. The train to Jaipur is in the afternoon and one night is enough in Agra. Better to spend more time in Jaipur and less in Agra. We did similer trip same dates this year.

Boston
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

Try ' EXOTIC VACATIONS BY OBEROI". they have a package deal at these hotels 2,600 dollars all inclusive for 8 nights. I am sure you will enjoy it.

steve R

Goa, India
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

hi how r u doing

This below is nice way of doing the tour i did it as below hope it helps u

indiainvites.com helped me out

01 ARRIVE DELHI

Arrive Delhi and Transfer to the hotel

Overnight at the hotel

02 DELHI CITY TOUR

Breakfast at the hotel

Visit of Old & New Delhi including Qutub Minar, Humayun’s Tomb,

India Gate, President House, Parliament, Diplomatic Area, Rajghat

Mahatma Gandhi Memorial, Jama mosque, Chandni Chowk, Red Fort, etc and a rickshaw ride through the silver street

Overnight at the hotel

03 DELHI – AGRA (203 km / 4 & half hrs)

Breakfast at the hotel

Transfer by road to Agra (Option of train is possible at 0600 / 0755)

Afternoon visit the world famous Taj Mahal (closed on Fridays) & Red Fort

Overnight at the hotel

04 AGRA – JAIPUR via FATEHPUR SIKRI (245 km / 6 & half hrs including Fatehpur)

Breakfast at the hotel

Transfer by road to Jaipur en route visit Fatehpur Sikri, the famous World Heritage Site and the erstwhile deserted capital of Akbar

Evening free to explore the Pink City on own

Overnight at the hotel

05 JAIPUR & AMBER VISIT

Breakfast at the hotel

Visit the Amber Fort with an ascent by the elephant back

Later visit the famous Observatory, City Palace, museum & Wind Palace and time free for shopping. Jaipur offers colourful traditional tie & dye clothes, jewellery, etc

Overnight at the hotel

06 JAIPUR – SAMODE (50 km / 1 & half hr)

Breakfast at the hotel

Transfer by road to Samode

Evening walk around the village

Overnight at the hotel

07 SAMODE – DELHI (275 km / 6 hrs)

Breakfast at the hotel

Transfer by road to Delhi

Evening free relax / prepare for the congress starting the next day

Overnight at the hotel

8 DELHI

6. Re: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:00 am, July 16, 2007
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

Jenna said it right -

"I am not sure why he is ruining his good name by spamming this site". I have do doubt Jenna is a genuine poster, by the way.

I have no clue either why a travel agency will go to such lengths to ruin their reputation, but they seem to be doing it anyway.

Incidentally, its been about 3 days since safevoyagetorus and meghavitours has been discussed on the forum. So it was time to do something about it, isnt it "gills" ?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

"Do doubt" in the above post should read as "no doubt". Sorry for the typo.

jaipur,india
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

helo johnke,

we had some japanes guests staying at rajvilas in jaipur. its about 25 kms away from the pink city. the problem is that when u want to see jaipur they will order taxis for you . the drivers will take yo u to restaurents and shops of their choice so that they get a comission on things you buy.and they will tell you that amber fort, city palace and observatory are the only places to see and the rest of the pink city is too crowded...so my guests never got to see the pink city really except the musem , amber fort and observatory...imagine that?

so its always better to hire a car driver who will take you to see places in jaipur and not order you around. the emphasis on shopping in big emporiums is so much that it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the visitor. ditto happens in agra and delhi. so i suggest atleast try to see the places and not bet bulldozed into shops...unless ofcourse you have come to shop in these places.

all the three hotels are fabulous and a worth try.have a great trip and if u have any queries pm me at shomad@sify.com

happy travelling

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delhi, Agra, Jaipur

John, the Oberoi is an excellent brand of hotels, and I have stayed in several of them. It is easier for you to book this tour through them - they'll arrange all your transportation in India.

- Deepa

Get answers to your questions about New Delhi