We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Delhi to Maldives

england
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Delhi to Maldives

Hi We are in middle of booking a once in a lifetime trip for my partners retirement in March 2007.

We are thinking of flying to Delhi with Emirates via Dubai and doing Golden Triangle tour. I want to go to Maldives next for 10 nights but dont know best airline to use.

Never been further than Greece before so in totally new territory.

Any suggestions?

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Delhi to Maldives

No direct flights!!!

Try for info:

airports.com.mv/annivpagefinal_2006v1.html

my advise fly through Colombo (with Sri LAnka: http://www.srilankan.aero) and stop there 3-4 days (visit Candy and Nuwara Eliya, both a must see)...

Enjoy and be prepare for a great experience in Southern Asia!

Regards

England
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Delhi to Maldives

I think Air Seychelles flies From Mumbai to Male . Delhi to Mumbai can be booked for £40 if booked in advance. The flights are weekly though to Male.

Other option is to Fly Indian Airlines from Delhi to Mumbai and then Indian Airlines from Mumbai to Male. I personally almost never fly Indian Airlines..bad service and lots of cancellations. Jet Airways is best.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Delhi to Maldives

Maldives is served by Indian from multiple locations, including Bangalore, and,IIRC, Trivandrum. Going via Sri Lanka is aso an interesting idea.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Delhi to Maldives

There is an Air Sahara flight from Delhi to Male. We are actually taking that flight when we go to the Maldives in July.

Polish Girl in...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Delhi to Maldives

How did you managed to book ticket with Air Sahar? I cannot find even info on the connection Delhi-Male. Thanks

Z

Bydgoszcz
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights from Delhi to Maldives

Air Sahara has changed its name to Jetlite. It doesn't seem to me that they are offering any direct flights from Delhi to Male, unfortunately.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,497 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights from Delhi to Maldives

SriLankan Airlines flight UL departs Delhi 22:20 and arrives Colombo in 3 and a half hours. There is a 5-6 hour wait for the connecting flight to Male. You arrive in Male at 1:30 in the afternoon. Cost is something like 220 GBP.

The Air Sahara/Jetlite site doesn't show flights to Male, shows only to Colombo.

The Singapore Airlines site says no direct flights from Delhi to Male. But you can take SQ405 from Delhi to Singapore (departs 08:00, arrives 16:05), and then take the connecting flight from Singapore to Male. SQ452 departs Singapore 20:45 and arrives Male 22:10.

If you do plan to fly via Colombo, Emirates flies to Male from Colombo. 6179 departs Colombo 21:00 and arrives Male 21:55. Check the Emirates site to see how to get from Delhi to Colombo, there is no direct flight as far as I can see.

Indian Airlines flies from Trivandrum (Thiruvananthapuram) to Male. IC-0963 departs 12:00 and arrives 12:40, is a very convenient flight. On Fridays, this flight departs at 10:20 a.m. You can connect from Delhi to Thiruvananthapuram on several domestic Indian carriers. Although Indian Airlines own flight IC-0167 is available, it leaves Delhi at 9:00 and arrives in Thiruvananthapuram only 13:50

Bydgoszcz
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights from Delhi to Maldives

It seems that Indian Airlines have changed the schedule of their Bangalore - Male flight (IC965) Previously it departed at 10:30 but now it is departing at 15:05, making it easier to catch if starting the journey from some other location in India, such as Delhi. Arrival time in Male is 16:35 and therefore should be convenient for boat or seaplane transfer to any resort. I think I will be using this option in my trip to India and Maldives later this year. There are several options of Delhi-Bangalore flights in the morning.

9. Re: Flights from Delhi to Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about New Delhi