We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Advice...My Golden Triangle Tour is Tangled

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Need Advice...My Golden Triangle Tour is Tangled

Ok so i will be in Kerala this january and have 5 free days in which my wife and I would like to tour the golden triangle.

We would like to go to Agra last before we leave after adivce found on this site. Ive heard we only need one day so we sould like to stay at the Fancy Oberoi that night, see the Taj Mahal the next morning and then fly out ( of Delhi?)

So with 5 days that i might be able to make six, where would you suggest i tour. Im thinking definately Delhi and after that maybe Jaipur Udaipur or both or something else. If i need to fly to destinations i probably will but i also dont know how scenic any of the drives are.

I am a ametuer photographer and am looking for architecture and scenery and maybe also a little shopping. What are the most important things i need to see?

So far im planning 2 days in Delhi, 2 days in jaipur and 1 day in agra. Is that appropriate or should i switch some days around and try traveling somewhere else in between? Would it be better to hire a taxi and travel between places to enjoy the scenic ride or should i save time and just fly around?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Advice...My Golden Triangle Tour is Tangled

Should be okay, the4 only thing to keep in mind is the travel time from one plave to another that might reduce the time avalable at each location.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
13 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Advice...My Golden Triangle Tour is Tangled

Sounds OK to me.

There is not much sight seeing in Jaipur so that can be done in a day. Next day you should do a bit of shopping...your wife will love it...silver jewellery and gems is super...there is a whole street for that..plus lots of other handicrafts. Try staying at the Trident Hilton in Jaipur. Its beautiful and will be an experience to remember.

Have a great stay!

3. Re: Need Advice...My Golden Triangle Tour is Tangled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:50 pm, November 27, 2006
4. Re: Need Advice...My Golden Triangle Tour is Tangled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 23, 2009