We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver/tour advice please

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Uk
Level Contributor
211 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Driver/tour advice please

We are planning the following

3 nights udaipur

3 nights jaipur

1 night Agra

2 night Delhi

I have arranged hotels and flights (Delhi-udaipur and udaipur- jaipur) so this is sorted and am looking to book the following, would appreciate advice on prices/whether to pre book

Driver jaipur to Agra

Driver agra to Delhi

1 tour day udaipur/boat trip

1 tour day jaipur/elephant amber fort

Taj Mahal visit

1 Delhi tour

My question is how much should I expect to pay for the above services I am currently being quoted 50000 inr from a few quotes is this to be expected?

Should I pre book whole schedule or sort from hotels in jaipur/Agral/Delhi?

Thanks

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver/tour advice please

The best is to pre book all hotels and arrange transport as well from operators who are suggested and recommended on this forum.

Rashid

agra
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver/tour advice please

Pre book car whole trip .. more convenient....

Visit Taj Mahal at sunrise time

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver/tour advice please

It would be better for you to finish car journey first and last take flight to Delhi -

Tour Plan : Delhi - 02 Days > Agra - 01 Day , Jaipur - 02 days > Udaipur -02 Days > Jodhpur - 02 days , last jodhpur - Delhi fly back.

As you have time so you should see Jodhpur too & one day can do some village safari .

Jaipur to Udaipur car would be better en route you may visit Chittorgarh fort.

Udaipur to Jodhpur - visit Ranakpur Jain Temple & Kumbhalgarh fort ( good scenic view.

Hari Mangal

india
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver/tour advice please

As per your tour plan the cost for this tour not more than INR 22000/- include transport from Jaipur Agra Delhi, Sightseeing in Delhi, day trip In Udaipur with boat riding, Day trip to Jaipur with Elephant ride. About the hotels you no need to worry about this its easy to when you will be in city. As per my advice transport you book in advance.

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,697 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver/tour advice please

Dear visitors

Hire car separate in udaipur for your arrival + sight seeing and departure as well.

Jaipur airport to Delhi including every things you can pay about 30000-35000 Rupees for top quality services and Toyota innova with english speaking reliable chauffeur.

Before final quote please take advising from 2-3 operators.

Hotels are book in advance do to very rush time now in this part.

Any help your welcome.

Cheers

Uk
Level Contributor
211 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driver/tour advice please

Thank you

I have 2/3 quotes from tour operators on trip advisor and lowest is 55000 inr one quote is 99000 inr!! I will take another look at operators on here and get more quotes

Thanks again

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driver/tour advice please

its a shame, you will alway get expensive quotes online, if you can get recommendations from a friend or trip advisor member (with many posts/reviews) you can beat that and even more so once you are there. my experience is things can be arranged quickly in india.

as a guide, last yr i paid £40 per day on average for a driver (all in)

sydney
Level Contributor
30 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driver/tour advice please

Just come back from agra, we paid too much booking with agency.

But we got a very good driver who does short or long trips.

Spoke english well, and pointed out places on way.

You could email him for a quote, his name is Klal

Klal83258@gmail.com

Phone 098 68 756263

Just send suggested itinery

He was really good

9. Re: Driver/tour advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 26, 2015