We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fabulous Independent Driver in New Delhi - Pankaj Singh

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fabulous Independent Driver in New Delhi - Pankaj Singh

After much research for an independent driver (our preference due to the cost savings), we hired independent driver, Pankaj Singh, based on Paul C's positive experience posted on Tripadvisor:

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g304551-i3482-k5977…

Unfortunately, that thread has been closed to any more replies, so I'm starting a new thread about my positive experience.

We were a family of six traveling together (6 adults and two children) along with 5 carry-on suitcases. We had a very pleasant journey (Delhi-Agra-Ranthambhore-Jaipur) with Pankaj Singh in his 2012 AC Innova with luggage carrier (critical for our party size). As we are currently living in Bangalore, we will definitely use him again for our October 2014 trip (Udaipur-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer). He will now be the driver all family and friends use when they visit us in India and want to head up to Rajasthan / The Golden Triangle.

Should you decide to use an independent driver for your North India travel, contact details are as follows:

Pankaj Singh

pankajsingh555@yahoo.com

+919971885284

Feel free to PM me with any questions or if I can help with your trip in any way.

Valerie

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fabulous Independent Driver in New Delhi - Pankaj Singh

Hi all...as the original reviewer Valerie referenced in her recommendation, I'd like to again confirm that:

1) I am a real person that lives in Fort Collins, Colorado :). I do not work for or have any business relationship with Pankaj Singh. He did ask me to review his service and as I said previously, I was more than happy to do so.

2) I did travel with Pankaj Singh in early December of 2012, to Agra and around Delhi.

3) I was extremely satisfied with Pankaj's service and car (Toyota Innova), overall competence, English speaking ability, and friendliness. We are considering a trip to the northwest of India in the next year or two, with the family, and would most definitely use him as our driver.

Please contact me if you would like any more details on my trip with Pankaj. I'd be happy to help based on my experiences.

-Paul

England, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fabulous Independent Driver in New Delhi - Pankaj Singh

When we started planning our trip to India, I sent a number of emails to drivers asking for information and, within minutes, had a reply back from Pankaj.

We continued communicating and I felt as though I already had a friend in Delhi. He offered to check out hotels for me, provided references and photos of him and his car, expressed interest in our trip and offered to pick us up at the airport.

Pankaj is probably the most efficient and responsive service person I've ever met and I think he must sleep with his mobile phone under his pillow.

After so much communication, we obviously chose him over any other driver for our travels around Rajasthan. Unfortunately, he was busy with another customer when we arrived but he connected us with his brother, Anu, and we spent six days travelling with him, getting to know him. Anu, like Pankaj, was friendly, respectful and paid attention to our needs and desires.

He recommended places for us when we needed them, provided us with insights into Indian culture and was a great companion for our trip.

All along the way, Pankaj kept in touch - calling to make sure we were happy and checking to see if there was anything else we needed. We were planning on having dinner with him and his family before we departed but my husband became sick and we had to leave early.

Hopefully one of these days we'll get back to Delhi to make the dinner date.

Pershore, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fabulous Independent Driver in New Delhi - Pankaj Singh

Hi everyone,

We too had the pleasure of the professional , friendly and superb service given by the amiable Pankaj , he is a truly wonderful guy with great knowledge of Indian culture and is a great ambassador for Indian hospitality.

If you ever need to book his services you will not be disappointed

Chris and Sue Wilks

Boston...
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fabulous Independent Driver in New Delhi - Pankaj Singh

While living in Bangalore as an expat for 2 years, I had the opportunity to join a few girlfriends on a tour of the Golden Triangle. The trip included Delhi, Agra (Taj Mahal), Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur – an unbelievable experience!

Based on the geographical locations and transportation options among these points of interests, an automobile is considered one of the best methods to leisurely experience all the fabulous colours of India’s fabric. Plus, you can arrange your trip as long or short, and visit as many destinations, as your schedule allows.

Although a foreigner, and as a temporary resident of India, I had become fairly comfortable with travelling about on my own, however I was absolutely and completely unfamiliar with northern India. Luckily, we were able to retain Pankaj’s services as our driver during this entire trip and he was an incredible asset in enhancing our travel enjoyment and exposure to all the nuances that India has to offer. He is more than a driver, he is an English speaking tour operator and can arrange for a formal tour guide or anything else you may need to customize your travel plans. We were enriched in our experience by hiring him.

Pankaj was reliable, trustworthy, friendly and was indispensible in recommending restaurants, tours, hotels, shops, services and sightseeing options, even moreso when we requested the opportunity to experience non-touristy, yet safe adventures. His pleasant sense of humour and positive can-do attitude made the entire trip even more enjoyable,

One of our most memorable evenings was a spur-of-the-moment dinner retreat that Pankaj suggested, where we were treated royally, relishing in the delicious food menu while being entertained by authentic Rajasthani folk dancers and live music. We did not wish to stop at the typical tourist lunch canteens along the way and instead were treated to an authentic Indian culinary retreat amidst a lush oasis before arriving at an incredible Jain temple, where the monk engaged us in a soul-rendering mantra and the visiting school children welcomed us warmly. We were the only foreigners there and this experience still resonates in my memory.

Pankaj knows the routes of Northern India like the back of his hand, effortlessly finding detours or shortcuts to avoid traffic snares in efforts to get us to our destination with less time and stress. If you have ever been to India, you know how valuable this in-depth knowledge in regards to traffic jams truly is.

Pankaj speaks English very well, is easily understandable, and has a jovial and pleasant personality; lightly sharing a joke or dispensing interesting historical tidbits throughout the drive. He is respectful and considerate of his guests, opening doors and ensuring a cold bottle of water awaits you after a day of dusty journeys and scorching temperatures. He will also pick you up from the airport and is always on time.

I am thrilled that Pankaj has embarked on an entrepreneurial journey of his own and highly encourage, support and recommend his driving, touring and travel services without hesitation; you will not be disappointed. He comprehends the high expectations of foreign visitors and is able to easily communicate with you to understand your needs and therefore deliver on your preferences.

To this day, we have kept in touch with Pankaj, he is a family man who works very hard and deserves to earn the ‘Indian dream” through his efforts. Email him anytime with your questions at pankajsingh555@yahoo.com or call 91 997 188 5284 – he will respond quickly!

Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fabulous Independent Driver in New Delhi - Pankaj Singh

Just back from an amazing trip to Agra with Pankaj from Delhi and having travelled to many place in the world and having many drivers, I can say Pankaj is one of the best.

He's a great driver with a good sense of humour and speaks very good english. Our trip with without issue and we felt very safe with Pankaj behind the wheel.

I love how quick he is to respond as well - I swear it must have only just left my outbox when I got his response. You can reach him on pankajsingh555@yahoo.com

Look forward to using him on my future trips to Delhi.

Edited: 12:56 pm, February 05, 2014
St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fabulous Independent Driver in New Delhi - Pankaj Singh

Based on feedback here I enquired with Pankaj last night. After some back and forth on itineraries, I got this message out of the blue....

Dear sir.

Its great to hear from you.

Tipping is always depend on service.

A minimum tip is 500₹ per day.

Looking forward hear positive response .

Cheers

Pankaj Singh

I'm not sure if there was a miscommunication there or what but this is a bit of a red flag for me. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem tipping that or more if the service is good, but the idea of a 'minimum tip' concerns me. If I visited a restaurant anywhere in the world that had a 'minimum tip', I would promptly leave. Did anyone run into this?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fabulous Independent Driver in New Delhi - Pankaj Singh

My wife and I were also privelidged to have hired Pankaj in October 2013. He took us around Delhi and onto Jaipur. Both us felt very safe and comfortable in his company. He is extremely well mannered and nothing is too much trouble. His knowledge of Delhi was invaluable and took us to some less frequented beautiful spots.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fabulous Independent Driver in New Delhi - Pankaj Singh

Thank you fellow travellers for such rich and wonderful information about Pankaj. Thank you also for providing his contact information.

Much appreciated.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fabulous Independent Driver in New Delhi - Pankaj Singh

My wife and i contacted Pankaj from canada a few weeks before our trip to india. we arranged for him to pick us up at the airport and show us around Delhi for two days. he was waiting patiently at the airport for our 2:30 am arrival, about 3:30 by the time we were out of the airport. he drove us to our hotel and made arrangements to pick us up the next day. he was there the next day a few minutes early, as he was the next day also, and showed us many of the sights and was full of information. his english was good and he answered many of our questions knowledgeably. he took us to his village on the afternoon of our second day which was very enlightening.he also arranged for our train tickets to Ajmer the next day which was very helpful. all in all, a very pleasant time.

hong kong
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fabulous Independent Driver in New Delhi - Pankaj Singh

We used him for a day trip to the Taj. In difficult weather (fog) he did a great job navigating us safely through the traffic that is India's roads We live in HK and will recommend him to anyone who needs a driver in Delhi. 10 out of 10.