We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5-6 hours in Delhi - suggestions: what to do???

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pokhara, Nepal
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
5-6 hours in Delhi - suggestions: what to do???

Hey ya

Next monday I'll arrive in IGI T3 coming from Kathmandu... My next destination then is Rishikesh, by bus. The bus departure is from Kashmere Gate or Anand, around 9h30 PM.

What you suggest to visit, see, or do in this time?

My plan is to take the Airport Express and then use the Cloak Room for some hours to keep my luggage. Do you know in which station can I found Cloak Room? NDTS?

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 5-6 hours in Delhi - suggestions: what to do???

Hi,

The clock room facility is available at New Delhi Train Station, but it's not a good idea. You better hire a car for full day and visit some places (sight seeing) in Delhi, the same driver will drop you at bus station. Car would cost approx INR 1200 for a day.

Pokhara, Nepal
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 5-6 hours in Delhi - suggestions: what to do???

Hi everyone! Thanks for your replies!!! Really, really thank you!

Ok, Im considering hiring a cab. I'll arrive in IGI T3 around 15h30, you never know... Considering the rush hour, I think thats not enough time to travel around by metro and train, right?

With this time (arrival in Delhi 15h40, departure around 21h30) wich sites should I ask to see, in your opinion? Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk and Qtub Minar are my favorites, I think... (I will have a few more days in Delhi around august, so thats ok for now)

And, please - its REALLY safe to keep all my luggage in the taxi while I drop the car to take some pictures and drink a lemon soda? I mean, I don't know in India, but in Brasil I would not do that...

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 5-6 hours in Delhi - suggestions: what to do???

you could take precautions such as

1. record the cab's details such as number plate

2. get drivers name and his mobile number (you will need the number anyway for pick ups)

2a. sms these to a friend and let the driver know you are doing this

3. keep your valuables such as money, passport, camera, etc with you rather than leave in the car

4. hire from a company that is recommended by others (I can give you a safe recommendation, a company I have used for several guests)

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: 5-6 hours in Delhi - suggestions: what to do???

Hi gabriel g,

If you are interested in shopping try Delhi Duty free store its newly opened they have many duty free products i've also pasted link for your reference. u can also find contact details.

http://www.delhidutyfree.co.in/

I hope this helps.

15. Re: 5-6 hours in Delhi - suggestions: what to do???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 07, 2014