We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Delhi 5pm-10.30am

Gothenburg, Sweden
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
New Delhi 5pm-10.30am

Hi!

I'm travelling from Nepal back home to Europe the 2-3rd of may. But I will have 17 hours in New Delhi on the way. Is there anyone who has a good suggestion on what to do an evening/night/morning in New Delhi?

I've never been there before but I got the visa since I was in India before.

Thank you!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
151 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Delhi 5pm-10.30am

delhi is the national capital and the place is abuzz during morning/evening any time. there are loads of places to see in delhi..a few to mention-

1)qutub minar

2) red fort

3) swaminarayan temple

4) cougnut palace

5) chandni chowk

etc..

if you could let us know which area you are staying might be able to help with more precise places around your location

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,078 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Delhi 5pm-10.30am

I am afraid you can not do much of the monuments as by the time you will come out of airport monuments will be closed. You can visit India gate, President house and some markets like cannought place. back to hotel for your sleep and next day to airport for your flight.

deepak

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Delhi 5pm-10.30am

what time does your plane landsin delhi ?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Delhi 5pm-10.30am

Monuments are typically open from dawn till dusk, though you ciuld check out the son et lumiere at the Red Fort, which will obviously be timed to start at dusk-ish.

Otherwise, there are drive bys and pauses at India Gate, Rajpath and the President's House as Deepak suggests. Last entry at Akshardam is 18:30 which you might just make. And Dilli Haat is open till 22:00.

Overall, try the Red Fort or Akshardam if the timing works out or hop a tuktuk and see some if the city, then go to Dilli Haat or another market, have a nice meal, then retire to your hotel for a sleep before you go to the airport next morning.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Delhi 5pm-10.30am

Zin dobry John... You know so much about India.. were you here for a long time ? I was in wroclaw & krakow this winter.. your country is so cold... Hope you enjoyed india everytime you were here.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Delhi 5pm-10.30am

Thank you loveUtravelling. I had never intended or expected to go to India until 2006 when my firm asked me to go and train some people there to work with our London team. It took me roughly one day to fall completely in love with India - working several spells over the years since in Tamil Nadu and holidaying in Rajasthan just made me fall deeper. I've not been back since we moved here from London last year, but I hope to return before too long, and in the meantime I keep up to date on what's happening there.

Poland had a very long cold winter - the first snow was before Xmas and the last was about three weeks ago, when we got about a foot! Since then the temperatures have gone right up, we've had blue skies some days, the snow has gone (thakfully, no floods). From oour house we can look across a forest at the foothills opposite, where the grass areas are turning green after a white winter.

BTW, we're roughly 80 miles by road from Krakow, which I'm sure you'll agree is a fascinating city.

Edited: 1:02 pm, April 24, 2013
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Delhi 5pm-10.30am

Wow.. Great to hear your story. Hopefully you will make it here again soon :)

I remember when i was in wroclaw ,because of so deep cold i had to buy a new cap to cover my head as i forgot my cap in my friend home.... I can't forget wroclaw as one of my friend took me to sobotka where her parents live and it was amazing visit.... and i have got a mini laptop from wroclaw so poland is on my list again probably in better weather next time :)

I was in krakow on 22nd dec when there are these Xmas markets , so it was nice time.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
162 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Delhi 5pm-10.30am

Hi.

Well I would suggest you to hang around New Delhi. Lots of good Restaurant, Bars , Pubs are located in New Delhi. And as for the Monuments you can see the light up at India Gate and beautiful view of President House.

And above all lots of shopping...

Wish you a happy Journey....

Rajeev

Berlin, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: New Delhi 5pm-10.30am

we have booked Delhi-Jaipur-Agra starting from 4 may 2013 with Imperial Voyages Pvt. Ltd a travel agency based out of Delhi any one here know about them??

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Delhi 5pm-10.30am

Becks, you may get a response, but your enquiry will reach more TA members if you start a new thread, maybe titled "Imperial Voyages Pvt Ltd"