We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden triangle tour

wigan
Level Contributor
53 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Golden triangle tour

Hi, we are thinking of taking a golden triangle tour early next year. Which month would be the best in terms of weather? Also has anyone had experience of the usual tour operators e.g. Travelsphere, virgin, VJV etc? Whilst we do like Indian food, this does not always agree with me. Is it possible to have European menu options on these tours? Thanks

Decatur IL (USA)
Level Contributor
73 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden triangle tour

We visited the Golden Triangle and Rajastahn at the end of a 21-day stay in India. The weather was very, very nice - maybe 70-75F during the day and sunny all but one day (happened to be the day we were at the Taj Mahal).

My wife didn't care for Indian food and there were decent options for other types at the hotels in which we stayed. We prefer a little upscale and were very pleased with the Trident chain and the Radisson Blu in Agra was very, very nice.

We had a complicated itinerary with (7) people for part of the trip, then just my wife and I. I booked through Times India Travels (http://www.timesindiatravels.com/) - after reading many reviews and studying many websites. The cars and drivers were top notch as were the hotels they chose for us. They will propose an itinerary for you, but they're flexible enough to take your specific needs into account.

Feel free to message me directly if you want more specific information. I have posted a couple of trip reviews that may be helpful to you also.

Windermere, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden triangle tour

I organised a terrific golden triangle tour through Icon India as part of a 6 week adventure in India. I had a long list of what I wanted to see and Icon ( Sabu is your man) were amazing! We got to see so much and the accommodation and schedule they organised was wonderful - we asked for small but good hotels and had the most fantastic selection of really unique and comfortable hotels that epitomised wherever we were eg a haveli hotel in Mandawa, tent in the desert. Our driver Kana was fantastic but we also had time on our own to explore whenever we wanted. I can not praise Icon enough - they did exactly what they said they would do and as a result I really had the trip I had dreamed of. I had cancer and operations last year so could not afford to get ill. I must be the only person never to get Delhi Belly and no bites either although I was able to be quite careful because the hotel menus all contained simple food as an option. We chose bed and breakfast, a cost effective option, and the fact that omelettes and usually toast were usually available meant we could be assured of healthy start to the day. I have to say I ate quite a bit of fried rice, veg and chicken, just in case, but I also had some good traditional choices too. We travelled from 3rd Jan which I have to say was pretty cold although sunny so if you can make it a month later you probably wouldn't have to take fleeces or thermals for the cold nights! I have some fabulous pictures on my facebook which will convince you that you are making a great choice! Above all I would say trust Icon India - it was not as expensive as other operators but certainly was efficient and comfortable and a wonderful holiday! Good luck and enjoy!

Windermere, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden triangle tour

Really worth contacting!!!! http://www.iconindiatours.com/index/

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,611 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden triangle tour

Hi,

November & February are the best months to Travel in India. I would suggest you to add Varanasi in your trip to feel Indian culture, faith of million peoples towards Hindu Religion.

DelhiAgraJaipur – Varanasi has plenty of all types restaurants who serves Indian , Mughalai , Chinese, continental as well as other western cousins so you may chose meals as per choice with the help of guide/ driver / Trip Advisor recommendation.

You may arrange this trip your own as it is most easy trip to arrange.

Trip Suggestion :

Day 01 Arrive Delhi

Day 02 Visit Delhi

Main attractions are : Red Fort , Jama Mosque , Chandani Chowk Markets, Akshar Dham Temple, India Gate, Lotus Temple, Humayun Tomb and Qutub Tower. Overnight stay at Delhi.

Day 03 Delhi-Jaipur ( By Train )

Train Name Ajmer Shatabadi – Train Leaves : 06-05 AM , Arrive Jaipur : 10-30 AM

Afternoon visit Famous markets, evening witness Aarti ( Lightening prayer) in Birla Temple. Overnight stay at Jaipur.

Day 03 Visit Jaipur

Morning Visit Amber Fort by Elephant Ride, later city Palace, Wind Palace, Observatory & Galta ji ( Monkey God Temple ) etc. Overnight stay at Jaipur.

Day 04 Jaipur – Bharatpur ( By Train ) Bharatpur – Fatehpur Sikri- Agra ( By Car 02 Hours)

Train : JP AF Shatabadi : Train Departs : 07-05 AM Arrive : 09-22AM

• Train goes to up to Agra , if you wish to Agra directly you may go but suggestible to get off in Bharatpur if it is winter season.

• Visit Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary , Imperial Ghost City Fatehpur Sikri. Optional visit Taj Mahal by Sunset.

Overnight stay at Agra.

Day 05 Agra – Varanasi ( By Evening Overnight train )

Morning visit Taj Mahal by Sunrise, later visit Agra fort & Sikandra etc.

Evening 21-20 Hours ( Marudhar Exp ) train to Varanasi. Night sleep in train.

Day 06 Arrive Varanasi ( In Morning )

• Afternoon City tour , evening Ganges Aarti ( Lighten Prayer) & boat Ride.

Day 06 Varanasi – Delhi ( By Flight )

Morning Boat Ride, visit Crimination Ghats , later Sarnath way to airport.

Evening flight to Delhi.

If time permits to connect your International flight , you may leave same day otherwise you should stay overnight in Delhi.

Booking :

Train Tickets : You may book online by using www.cleartrip.com

Hotels : First you should go through TA reviews about hotel , later you may book through expedia/ agoda/ travel agents whatever is cheaper.

Local Transports : You may ask Hotels/ Travel Agent / DE’s or any other reliable sources.

If there is any further details required, you may message me/ ask by continuing this thread.

Hari Mangal

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden triangle tour

Nov & Feb would be the best month for travelling Golden triangle concerning Indian weather. The day is little sunny and night are little cool. The best way to cover Delhi, Agra & Jaipur is by hiring private car and driver, as you would see the culture and taste India food too. A visit to CHOWKI DHANI in Jaipur - ethnic resort to experience Indian food and dance. Highly recommendable. You may find good travel companies on the forum.

6. Re: Golden triangle tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, March 29, 2013
7. Re: Golden triangle tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, March 26, 2013
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Golden triangle tour

You can plan trip upto march so as it starts getting hot april onwards. Ask your travel agent to arrange for European cruise

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Golden triangle tour

Hi

Your Most welcome in Incredible India . The weather of visiting Delhi - Jaipur - Agra [ Golden Triangle Tour] is good for November or December and January is the best weather here .

Travelsphere, virgin, VJV it's most expensive . If you search in Google www.Indiatourtravels.com i hope you find better then that above company's.

For food everywhere is a best Indian and European Restaurant don't worried about it .

If you need my help feel free for write us.

With Best Regard's

Shivansh

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
700 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golden triangle tour

Hi, VJV & Travelsphere are reputed and big companies. If you search here you can find good India based tour operators who can give you good price and services.