We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

I just came across this banner by Indian Railways on their official website that a New Executive Loungue is being started at New Delhi Railway Station for Train Travellers and Iam sure this is being started keeping in mind of the International Tourists. Its been setup on Platform No. 16 and the full link is provided below.

https:/…20IRCTC.jpg

Panaji, Goa, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

I am to arrive at New Delhi railway station from Chandigarh via shatabdi during last week of March, while shatabdi reaches at 15:20hours, My connecting train to Indore is from Nizamuddin railway station at 22:15hours. I am considering to use this facility. However I have a few questions.

1. Will it be enough for entry if I show my shatabdi ticket? (travelling by A/c chair car) or do I need to pay?

2. I heard local trains ply to Nizamuddin on regular basis, where can I find timings of these?

3. if i leave from New Delhi station by say 1900hrs will i get enough time to catch my train?

Been to Nizamuddin thrice, but never to New Delhi railway station. Spending 3 hours at this facility seems to be a good idea because I am doubtful if Waiting room at Nizamuddin for 3AC passengers will be of any good.

Ambala, India
2 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Is there rest room kind of facility also at this lounge? Or any such facility near New Delhi railway station.

Ambala, India
2 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Although you would have completed your journey now, but for information regarding point no. 2, you may get information about local trains at indiarailinfo.com

Panaji, Goa, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Lounge but not executive...

This is as On March 25th 2014 when I visited, I arrived at New Delhi from Chandigarh by shatabdi and had late night train so I ended here.

Located on platform 16, the lounge is on the concourse and you come face to face with a suit clad gentleman who seems just fine in interacting.

Firstly you have to pay Rs 400 for 3 hours of which Rs 50 is refundable and are given a card which you have to swipe to enter the lounge area.

Lounge has 2 floors, ground floor having cybercafe and eating area as well as toilets. First floor is sitting area.

Place is neat and away from hustle bustle of the station, you feel at ease. Magazines to read and you do get some quiet time. Note that you need an onward or inward journey ticket to use the lounge along with your photo id.

Now the big flaws.

1. Wifi was Not working (displayed at the reception)

2. First floor ac not cooling (no mention)

3. There's a tv but not working (nobody cares)

4. Food coupon is one time use only. However juices and tea coffee can be has as you like.

5. Extra charge to use bathrooms is unfair.

I didn't really find it worth though people use, needs maintenance. It's your choice but better to check for available facilities before checking in.

Ahmedabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
35. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

very good experiance,tthey also serve good food and juice including the charges.per person........

Thanks

Anil jaiswal

Panaji, Goa, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Anil,

Was the first floor of the lounge in use? And Wifi and Tv? I am curious about what condition the lounge is in at the moment because I may visit it again next year.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Before visiting again you come for 1 night to check about last problems. You know this is India and Mr Modi sat just two days ago.

Arun

Panaji, Goa, India
Level Contributor
12 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Arun

with all due respect, this is for travelers and I would appreciate if you let politics out of it. If you really want me to, kindly send me return tickets from from Goa to Delhi for the above suggested purpose.

Thanks

Edited: 12:55 pm, May 28, 2014
lucknow
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
39. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

what are there extra charges to use bathrooms?

Thanks

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

kindly travel WHOLE country then comare and then comments !