We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,811 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

I just came across this banner by Indian Railways on their official website that a New Executive Loungue is being started at New Delhi Railway Station for Train Travellers and Iam sure this is being started keeping in mind of the International Tourists. Its been setup on Platform No. 16 and the full link is provided below.

https:/…20IRCTC.jpg

Mentioned in this post
New Delhi
New Delhi
National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Is the business lounge at new delhi railway station is charged per head or per family. If we are 4, how much would we have to shell out?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

I have booked the Executive lounge from 12 noon to 14 hourson 21.10.2013 paying 1700/- online. I will shift to the upper class waiting room after 16 hours as i am having AC 1 tkts for Jammu Rajdhani. express. May I know whether me and my 3 companions are entitled to complimentary non-veg lunch at the lounge. how to reach the lounge from platform where sealdah duronto will be arriving, where the escalators are. All 4 of us senior citizens, me being the oldest at 72+. help and guidance is solicited

dipakray41@gmail.com

India
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Hi! I had the opportunity to stay at the lounge on 19th September in the morning from 8 am to 11 am. When you book the lounge it includes single meal. As ours was breakfast time, we had options of Paratha, Uttapam, Cornflakes, boiled eggs, tea & coffee. Had all of them. You can also use their wi-fi for 3 hours. The toilets are all european style & really clean. If you pay Rs 175 INR more you can use the wash & change facility. It includes a locker to keep the clothes but not luggage, a shower kit, towel. They have quite comfortable couches on the first floor where you can sleep. The ground floor also has a room with comfortable sofa but it was occupied. The Lounge chairs in general are also comfortable. I will post a full review & if it gets allowed i will be able to include some photos.

As for the question by Mr. Dipak Ray sir, the lounge is adjacent Platform no 16. I do not know where the said train arrives but there are escalators on platform 16. If one is on platform 16 then there is no need to use the escalators for getting to the lounge as it is on ground floor. But in the lounge as the couches are on the first floor, it may be a little problematic. As i mentioned earlier, there is a room on ground floor with really comfortable sofas but when i went it was occupied. As for lunch, you are entitled for a single meal per person. I will not be able to tell about the lunch as asked as i was there for breakfast.

To answer another query, the booking is per person and available online also. But online booking closes a day before. There is also onspot booking available if there is vacancy.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

I recently stayed at the lounge. We arrived midnight and still found 3-4 hot items at the food bar.

Some clarifications:

* You have to pay for wifi; it is not included.

* Pretty comfortable and secure. You have to swipe your card to get in or out.

* There have many glasses of water pre-filled but uncovered; I was not sure how long had they been like that so did not drink that water. You might want to ask fresh glass of water.

* There is a concession stand near the washrooms but it is only open during day hours.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

thanks for amazing info

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Thanks for the wonderful information.

Auckland, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

My personal experiance with the Indian railway website is great. Living overseas and following the information on Trip advisor I was able to get my user ID registered within an hour. Being in a difference time zone I was able and pay for my travel at end of November within 15 minutes for 3 different trips and paying using internet banking of an Indian bank account. I say well done to Indian Railway - didnt have to rely on relatives to do it on our behalf.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Arun

Kolkata (Calcutta...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
29. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

I think, it should be free for general second class passenger also. If 1st AC passenger seeking service free then second general class passenger has every right to get it free.

London, United...
Level Contributor
490 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: NEW Executive Lounge at New Delhi Railway Station

can anyone tell me if its likely we will be able to turn up and pay to use the lounge on the day?

if so it would be just what we need!

we arrive at Dehi airport at 9.05am after an overnight flight so will be really tired

we think we may get to the station around 11am....and catch the Rajani Express to Kolkotta that evening at 5.15pm

As we got our india rail passes in the uk we dont have access to the online booking process without a lot of hassle and I understand we can only book the lounge online through the india railway website

1. is there likely to be space for 2 at that time?

2. can we stay until near the time our train goes or is there another lounge/waiting room for AC1 passengers before our train leaves

thank you