We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling on Holi

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling on Holi

Hi all

I am planning on flying out of Delhi to Mumbai on 27 March (Holi), and was wondering what would be the most optimal time to arrange my flight for?

My parents are travelling with me and they are old and do not wish to partake in the festivities. We will probably be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Saket. What will be a safe time to travel from Saekt to the airport?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
296 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling on Holi

It should not be an issue. Try going by the highway (instead of Mahipalpur) and ask the hotel to make the arrangements!!

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling on Holi

Hi,

If you must travel on Holi day, take an evening flight from Mumbai as almost all the Holi festivities are over by late afternoon.

Edited: 5:25 am, February 12, 2013
Cape Town
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling on Holi

Thanks very much. I will try to arrange a late check out then.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling on Holi

any route is fine and and time would be ok till you keep the windows of the cab closed and doors locked

no one can enter the cab all they cab do is throw colour oe water on the cab which is not gonna effect you in any manner

at the hotel complex and IGI airport complex there wouldn't be any person playing holi

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
698 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling on Holi

There will be no problem dear. Now a days police is very strict. No need to worry. If its possible take an evening flight after 3 PM.

6. Re: Travelling on Holi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:13 pm, February 14, 2013
London
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling on Holi

Hi,

Will the main Holi celebrations be taking place on the 26th or the 27th?

I too am trying to decide which is the best day to fly into Mumbai from Ahmedabad.

Thanks.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
296 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling on Holi

Holi will be played on 27th!!

Holika burning will take place on 26th!!

Gurgaon
Level Contributor
153 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling on Holi

I really don't foresee any problem in your movement from the hotel to the airport, at anytime of the day, as a lot of people travel on the road, on this day.

Just make sure that you pre arrange a cab from the hotel to take you to the airport, and keep your windows up. I have not seen people throwing water or colours on a moving vehicle, so you don't need to worry.

Once you are at the airport, rest assured, nobody will be seen playing holi there, as they are all on duty.

Poonam Gupta

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling on Holi

Since you are staying at Hotel Hilton. I don't think you will have any problem. You can easily take a cab to airport. No one throws balloon inside moving vehicle.