We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What can be done to prevent the recent "call girls" postings

sydney
Level Contributor
385 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
What can be done to prevent the recent "call girls" postings

Is here any way TA can track the source of these posts? I have reported quite a few of them, only to find that as I was doing this, more of them appeared.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,827 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What can be done to prevent the recent "call girls" postings

This has been going on for a while now. Yesterday and today has been particularly bad and all it is doing is clogging the forums up.

I have sent a mail to TA asking what they can do.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What can be done to prevent the recent "call girls" postings

one thing you can do, besides reporting them is to NOT reply to the post, such as telling everyone you have reported it, because then TA can completely remove the post. when you reply to it, then they can only close the topic and then have to go about removing it, which takes quite a bit longer.

Jo

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,827 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What can be done to prevent the recent "call girls" postings

You are right Jo; I never reply, just report.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What can be done to prevent the recent "call girls" postings

it also might come down to having to have your first "X" number of posting screened by TA moderators when you first join TA. they had to end up doing that at the thorn tree forum at lonely planet i think. first 10 posts are screened and then after that you are set free ;)

Jo

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,804 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What can be done to prevent the recent "call girls" postings

PLease report the posts to the help center, you'll find the link at the bottom of every page. go to :contact us-general support-then choose:forums, private messages and..then subtopic:help using the forums. This opens a place where you can report whatever you want, including a link to specific posts. This worked the fastest as I see it.

If many people can help with this, it is hopefully finished sooner. Thanks to all.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What can be done to prevent the recent "call girls" postings

i just report each post by using the "report inappropriate content" link within each post. you click on that link, select an option (in this case i select "not family friendly/illegal) and then it is immediately reported.

Jo

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What can be done to prevent the recent "call girls" postings

Not much they can do about it as these people are posting from different computers but it is so annoying.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What can be done to prevent the recent "call girls" postings

Hi all,

We are working hard to prevent this spam in the forums and appreciate all of your help in reporting it. Please do continue to report it using the drop down menu reporting system and/or contacting us via the help center rather than responding to it as this simply bumps the inappropriate thread to the top of the forum thread list.

I am going to close this discussion now as it does not pertain to travel in India.

Thanks, again, for all of your help!

TA_Louise