We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Delhi International Airport

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new zealand
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
New Delhi International Airport

Hi

I'm posting on behalf of a colleague who is from New Delhi. She would like to pay for her mother (70) to fly from New Delhi to New Zealand, where my colleague now lives.

Her mother has never flown before and does not speak English.

She feels she may need to go to New Delhi and bring her mother to New Zealand however that is going to cost a lot of money. I wondered whether there was a service that helps older people in New Delhi airport through the process of getting on the plane. My colleague is afraid that her mother will be overwhelmed by this new experience in such a busy place. Can an airline or the airport help in anyway? She hasn't booked the flight/s yet.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Delhi International Airport

If i am not wrong, Singapore Airlies has a facility that helps....your friend will have to check with Singapore Airlines direct.........family something

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Delhi International Airport

there are facilities provided for elderly ppl.....but as far as i understand, the onus is mostly on the airlines... so i guess ur friend shd enquire about this while buying the ticket and clearly asking for this facility at the time of booking... make sure tht she gets it mentioned in the ticket itself tht help is needed .... i think most of the airlines provide assistence to senior ppl (wheelchair transportation, help in boarding the plane etc)