We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi, Agra and Jaipur

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Delhi, Agra and Jaipur

Hello,

Please advise on whether it is suitable to travel from Delhi to Agra and then Jaipur (by car) in a day. What time should we leave Delhi in order to arrive in Jaipur at a reasonable hour? It will be my husband and myself and our 6 year old daughter - our first time to India. Also, what are the places that we just have to visit in Delhi?

Many thanks

Rashika Shukla

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi, Agra and Jaipur

Possible? yes. Suitable, probably not. The trip would involve a minimum of 8 hours in a car and either an early start or a late finish plus time to see only the Taj in Agra - there is much more to see in Agra!

In Dehi? I'd suggest Rajpath and India Gate, Humayun's Tomb, Qut'b and the fort (unless you will have time to visit other forts on your tour - Agra's is better than Delhi's, for example, having suffered much less under the British. Also I'd suggest a rickshaw tour of one of the bazzaar districts and lunch at Haldiram's.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,674 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi, Agra and Jaipur

It is too long a trip definitely when you are on holiday. You will be able to reach Jaipur but where is time for visiting monuments.

deepak

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
729 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi, Agra and Jaipur

Rashika,

If you planning to include sightseeing in Delhi on the same day. No, it is not possible.

If you are planning to leave to Agra early morning and target to reach Jaipur on the same day. This is possible, but will be tiring. In this case, depart from Delhi as early as 05am.. Cover Taj Mahal & Agra Fort before lunch. Depart to Jaipur after lunch. Enroute visit Fatehpur Sikhri.

Titus

4. Re: Delhi, Agra and Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:12 pm, January 25, 2013
Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi, Agra and Jaipur

Rafael, that's not what the OP asked. Delhi to Agra can now be done in less than 3 hours, depending on start point, and Agra to Jaipur in 5, making the 8 I quoted.

Possibe' therefore, but not wise

6. Re: Delhi, Agra and Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:12 pm, January 25, 2013
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi, Agra and Jaipur

Hi Rashika S,

It is possibly doable but not with comfort.This trip will be tiring as you are going to spend most of your time in a car.I suggest you to skip one city & travel with comfort.

Taj Mahal is famous as this beautiful monument is the one among seven wonders of the world & i think you must go for a day trip to visit Taj.

Regards,

Raja Burza

Edited: 2:48 am, October 11, 2012
Gurgaon
Level Contributor
153 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delhi, Agra and Jaipur

Hi Rashika,

It is not advisable to do the Delhi- Agra- Jaipur in one day. It will be too rushed specially when you are travelling with a child.

It involves too much driving as Delhi to Jaipur takes about 4-5 hrs depending on traffic on any particular day. Then to sightsee in Jaipur and move on to Agra which is another 4 hrs drive easily.

You will not be able to do justice to any of the 3 cities, as there is a lot that each one offers.

You need atleast 2 hrs at the Taj Mahal itself.

So in my opinion it will be better if you give some more time to this.

Thanks

Poonam Gupta

Edited: 2:57 am, October 11, 2012
Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delhi, Agra and Jaipur

Just to be clear, the new highway Delhi to Agra takes less than 3 hours, but total journey time depends on your start point in Delhi, end point in Agra, and traffic in the cities.

The OP has not suggest the route D-J--A. They propose Delhi - Agra (see Taj) - Jaipur. Which is possible, but will be exhausting

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Delhi, Agra and Jaipur

It is not suggested to do the trip this way when you are with 6 years old kid.It seems to me you are going to measure the distance between all these 3 cities.

Spend a night in Delhi..take a morning train to Agra visit few sites like Taj and Fatehpur Sikri on the way to Jaipur.At least there should be 1 night in Jaipur too.

Warm Regards

Rashid Agra