We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What sort of electricity plugs are there in India

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
250 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
What sort of electricity plugs are there in India

This is hopefully my last question. I want to know what sort of electricity plugs they have in India. Are they the same as Australia which is probablyunlikely? I just need to know what sort of converter plug to take. Thank you.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What sort of electricity plugs are there in India

Hi,

220-230 voltage range electricity supply throughout India i do not know the same voltage supply at Australia or differ if not carry a 220 volt converter

regards,

Alen_10

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What sort of electricity plugs are there in India

Bronte19

Do you not read any reply's ?

If you go to the link I sent you in one of your previous posts

(link below)

tripadvisor.co.uk/…43775349

You will see there is everything you need to know, (pictures aswell) about plugs etc.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
296 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What sort of electricity plugs are there in India

I think in Australia the electric plug used have flat current-carrying pins forming an upside down V-shape but India have standardized plug which was originally defined in British standard BS 546. It has three large round pins in a triangular pattern. you will be needing a converter to use use your adapter in India.

It is preferable to buy an extension cord with multiple flat shaped sockets which can be used as converter. These are available at most of the international airports

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What sort of electricity plugs are there in India

The plugs are not the same as Australian plugs. I found it quite hard to find the right adaptor here but eventually found it. Travel shops, department stores like Myer or David Jones should have them. There's usually a chart on the stand showing you which adaptor for which country.

I didn't follow Orbis' link but the photos there will help and if not, just google. Google is my best friend for things like this.

Edited: 9:44 am, September 24, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
250 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What sort of electricity plugs are there in India

So sorry, yes I do read my posts but I have been away and my husband posted that question. I do truly read and appreciate all the advice given and have made a list of all the info re phones, what to take etc given previously. My husband has sorted the plugs.

6. Re: What sort of electricity plugs are there in India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, December 14, 2013