We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping in Delhi....

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
shopping in Delhi....

I would be very greatful if someone could advice me where to buy beautiful indian made fabrics in Delhi. voils to gorgettes... embroidered stuff.

Is it possible to buy the gorgous indian jewellery that I see in pictures in Delhi? the chunky silver with stones??

Or are there better cities to shop for the above mentioned??

Hoping to hear some great tips...

Thank you,

Roshani

Ashtead
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping in Delhi....

Not sure what Kind of Jewellwry you see in pictures. but traditional as well as contemporary jewellery in lots of variety can be shopped from old delhi (Chandni Chowk). Reputed Jewellery shops abound every market in Delhi.

Not sure about Fabrics. You can also consider city of Lucknow for best chikan embroidery work. Ahmedabad in Gujarat is most popular for fabrics and textiles in India. Its called the Manchester of East!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,509 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping in Delhi....

Delhi is THE place for shoppping for al this stuff!

Lajpat nagar is the market to go to, I'd say., in addition to Chandini Chowk.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
729 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping in Delhi....

The below link might be handy if you're looking to do some shopping Delhi.

http://delhistreet.com/shopping-in-delhi.aspx

Regards. Titus

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping in Delhi....

Look at this link also.....

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g304551-i3482-k359…

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping in Delhi....

Thanks everyone for your helpful tips.

Roshani

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping in Delhi....

Yes you can visit chandini chock for Buying indian fabric and textiles

Hillsboro, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: shopping in Delhi....

I would like to no what kind of clothing do they were over there and also if i had to com to a business meeting what type of clothing woud I bring.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shopping in Delhi....

business meeting would be in a business suit but its hot right now in Delhi so even a smart crisp shirt with a formal trouser would be fine

9. Re: shopping in Delhi....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:27 am, August 14, 2012
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shopping in Delhi....

Thanks anju, jewellery - sort of like 'Amabrapali' stuff and the beautiful jewellery 'Chanel' used for their bombay inspired collection.

I was told to go to Dili haat as I'm looking for beautiful embroidered & woven fabrics in voils & other gorgeous fabrics which are made in India.

Once I saw on Lisa's OMG program where she went this sort of court like place where they had beautiful handcrafted silver jewellery. I've been trying to find out the place without any success. Have you got any idea where I could find special pieces in Delhi? Of course in silver.

What's in Lazpat Nagar?

Thanks heaps

Roshani.