We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

delhi - agra

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
65 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
delhi - agra

will be in delhi for 3 days. plan to spend a full day in delhi and go to agra the next day.

day 1

-qutb minar

-red fort

-humayun tomb

day 2

-agra fort

-faterpur sikri

-taj mahal

would it be possible to see/ visit all the above in 2 days? what is the best option to get around in delhi and agra? should i hire a car for a day or just get from one point to another by cab? is the metro reliable?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
65 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: delhi - agra

deepak,

will spend a nite at agra to see the sunrise. i dont wanna miss that! thanks for the advice.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: delhi - agra

Hi everyone,

I have planned a trip to delhi next year april with my husband.

Can anyone kindly share with me on how and where from delhi to take a express train to agra? and also how much is a ticket for 2 pax?

I have enquired a few companies and they all quoted ranging USD150-USD275 per pax for 3 day 2 night tour in delhi and agra! i find that really expensive! ( price includes airport pickup,1 night stay in delhi, 1 night stay in agra, and sightseeing in agra)

Is that price range normal or please advise on how I can travel cheaper? I dont need luxury hotels as I plan to go sightseeing the whole day and come back for a hot shower and clean bedsheets will do.

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: delhi - agra

U need to catch the Express train from New Delhi Railway Station.The cost of the ticket is roughly INR 450 per person one way.

For hotels in Delhi search the box above corner or there will be soon suggestions and advice from the knowledgeable members .

In Agra u can get Hotel in good budget range close to Taj Mahal or little away--Hotel Sheela,Taj Resort,Royal Residency many more.

In order to keep the cost of traveling low travel by train to Agra as mentioned above hire a car n Agra do a day trip go back to Delhi by same train...days are longer in April and gets warm there will be plenty of time to explore the sites in Agra.

Thanks and Regards

Rashid Agra

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: delhi - agra

Hi Rashid,

INR 450 one way sounds alot better..haha! Do you know how long it will take to get to Agra by train? I was told by road its about 4 hours and is there any website I can go to buy tickets online?

Mind sharing with my any good,cheap and reliable car tour in Agra?

Thank you!

Naeema

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: delhi - agra

You can look at

www.irctc.co.in

www.cleartrip.com

You need to register with these sites and for that you can look at

www.seat61.com

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293860-i511-k5740…

recently it has become difficult for overseas travellers to book ticket from there.

Anotrher way to travel cheaply is to travel by public transport buses. You get buses from Sarai Kale khan bus stand in Delhi any time of the day.

deepak

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: delhi - agra

It takes 2 hours to reach Agra by train Shatabdi Express..try to reserve tickets as mentioned in the above post...or u need someone to book tickets on your behalf.

Thanks

Rashid Agra

17. Re: delhi - agra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about New Delhi