We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi T3: Status of International Transit today?

Zurich, Switzerland
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Delhi T3: Status of International Transit today?

Hi,

I would like to fly from LHR to Kathmandu over Delhi. Though I read some nightmare reports about how the International Transit section in Delhi T3 was handled.

How does it work nowadays?

I intend to fly Jet Airways and get my luggage checked through and the help desk of a travel organizer told me, that they will issue me a boarding pass for DEL-KTM in London already.

Can I get access to this Transit hotel? How much time would I need to calculated for my connection flight?

Might I get stranded in the "waiting area"?

Any feedback welcome :-)

Best wishes,

Alex.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi T3: Status of International Transit today?

These previously discussed posts might be of help to you -

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g304551-i3482-k4940…

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g304551-i3482-k4081…

Zurich, Switzerland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi T3: Status of International Transit today?

For everyone else who wonders... :-) everything went fine and rather fast as well.

On the way back from KTM to Delhi it was a bit busy at the secutiry check (Sunday). Though transit time of about two hours still gave me time to buy a sandwich and sit down somewhere.

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi T3: Status of International Transit today?

Hi Alex

alex you don't need to worry.. bez you will get two boarding pass from LHR-Del-Ktm. you have to change only boarding gate. if you have any problem you can contact to Jet airways staff. jet airways staff knows about you. they have information about you.... you are coming by LHR-Del flight and you will catch next flight for KTM... i am working at airport behalf of travel company so i know very well about them..i think you are coming by delhi 9w 121@0945 hrs. from LHR-Del, you have next flight 9w 262@1250 hrs and your boarding will start around 1155 hrs.

with Regards

Raj

Edited: 10:28 am, September 27, 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi T3: Status of International Transit today?

Hi Raj

Yes, all good with that connection.

And it is a lovely airport.

Thanks and take care.

Alex.

5. Re: Delhi T3: Status of International Transit today?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 30, 2013