We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monks and Monkeys Travel Ltd.

Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Monks and Monkeys Travel Ltd.

Has anyone used this company for a custom tour? Comments good and bad are appreciated!

Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monks and Monkeys Travel Ltd.

Very odd that no one seems to know anything about these guys. My Spidey senses are tingling on this one...

So, nothing?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,420 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monks and Monkeys Travel Ltd.

I've read about a lot of agencies on this forum, but never heard of this one. Ask them for client references, people whom you can email.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monks and Monkeys Travel Ltd.

i can just say one thing, i have not heard there names hence, not one of the reputed ones.

Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monks and Monkeys Travel Ltd.

So, the 2 companies that contacted me through the referral form on the Incredible India website have turned out to be duds. {I assume the other one is too, given the plethora of negative experiences detailed here on TA: "Holiday _____ (name of country)"} That's perplexing - I assumed the website was an official one. I am sure thousands of others are being misled and leaving India with a nasty taste in their mouths because of this. Checking to see if they are on a Government of Rajasthan list of tour operators does not help either as the latter company is listed. Being listed obviously is not any indication of trustworthiness.

Thanks to all for their input. My search obviously continues.

Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monks and Monkeys Travel Ltd.

Oh yes, brave1, I looked for Client Testimonials. Nothing. But again, what I am learning is, sometimes client testimonials and feedback are completely fake. It has certainly been an education planning this trip.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,536 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monks and Monkeys Travel Ltd.

Why don't you try and custom build your holiday yourself with expert help on here? Ask your questions and possibly, the local experts could save you the extra money you'd spend on an angency. It definitely works for a lot of people.

Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monks and Monkeys Travel Ltd.

The local experts have indeed helped, Sandy S., including Deepa_Krishnan and brave1. Their counsel regarding itinerary have been invaluable. My issue is, I am having extreme difficulties in finding hotel rooms during our time in India. I suspect that large blocks are being sold/put aside for tour companies as these hotels are not only available, but at lower rates, when booked through tour operators. I travel quite extensively with my family and I often plan our travels via the internet, but this has me stumped.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
377 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monks and Monkeys Travel Ltd.

Hey pluckycanuck

To consider that if they are not mentioned here they are not good enough would be quite short sighted. TA although is very big, but everyone that uses a Travel agency to come to India doesnt write on TA. There are a dozen travel companies I know that have never been mentioned here, but do a great job every time.

Let your experience and instincts lead you regarding their services, respinse time, details provided etc.

Udit

about.me/udithooda

Kitchener, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Monks and Monkeys Travel Ltd.

Hi so did you say that monks and monkeys is a dud?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monks and Monkeys Travel Ltd.

never heard about this company