We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in November and February

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
898 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in November and February

Hi everyone,

I generally time my trips to be at places during their best weather seasons, so now I am deciding what would be the best time for Delhi !

I am inclining towards November, due to other plans for February.

I understand its slightly cooler in feb than in November. But apart from that is there any difference in humidity, discomfort levels, sunshine level, fog, and rain possibility during these 2 months?

Does it ever get "hot" ior too sunny in mid November, where I would find it difficult to walk outdoors for more than 10 minutes?

Mentioned in this post
delhi
delhi
3 Reviews
New Delhi, India
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,336 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in November and February

Delhi will be pleasant in November and February, there wont be hot, not too much of cold either.

Edited: 1:10 am, October 04, 2010
Mentioned in this post
delhi
delhi
3 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
898 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in November and February

I suppose Agra / Jaipur have the same weather as Delhi or are they warmer /cooler in that period ?

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
delhi
delhi
3 Reviews
New Delhi, India
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
39,336 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in November and February

Yes, Agra and Jaipur will be same weather as Delhi.

Edited: 3:18 am, October 04, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
delhi
delhi
3 Reviews
New Delhi, India
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
149 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in November and February

Weather would almost be same as delhi in Agra/Jaipur... If you are planning a trip in Nov thn I would suggest you to come after second week of nov or before the second week of Feb.....

winter usually begins from Nov (not very cold/hot in the beginning) but as we approach dec it start getting colder day be day and in the last week of dec and first week of jan its d coldest....Also, after last week of jan, the days become more warmer .....

But, during Nov/Feb, weather will be pleasent, afternnons will be warm and night will be cold...Its the perfect time to visit Delhi....

Please do keep in mind that these days you really can not predict weather, may be the effects of global warming.... this year during monsoon, it rained a lot (I have never seen so much of rain in last 10 to 12 years and even the winters were very cold last year with almost 0 visibility at night due to the fog... I still remember getting stuck on my way back to home at 3:00am due to dense fog but that was in dec and jan and I enjoyed every bit of it....And, Delhi is known for its winter, I think you should give it a try, I just love it and especially the smell of fog :)

Mentioned in this post
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
delhi
delhi
3 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
898 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in November and February

Thank you all for the replies.

I generally love cold weather, but I would avoid Delhi at its coldest for 2 reasons

1) I am planning on doing day trips to Agra, fog would make the roads much more dangerous

2) In South Asia, winters feel colder due to the fog (humidity) and also because homes are generally designed for the heat with marble floors etc.

I felt colder in 12C in Dhaka than I did at 2C in Dallas,

Hence its either Nov or February. I think it will be Nov even though i would have preferred Feb with 30 minutes more sunshine every evening.

Mentioned in this post
delhi
delhi
3 Reviews
New Delhi, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
6. Re: Weather in November and February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 03, 2011