We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jodhpur - Amritsar

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Jodhpur - Amritsar

Can someone tell me the best train connection from Jodhpur to Amritsar ?

I was looking at the following options,

- JSM DLI EXPRESS (# 4060) leaving Jodhpur @ 10.30 p.m

Arrival at Old Delhi @ 11.05 a.m (following day)

AMRITSAR SHTBDI (# 2013) leaving New Delhi @ 4.30 p.m

Arrival in Amritsar @ 10.35 p.m

- JAMMU TAWI EXP (# 9223) leaving Jodhpur @ 8.20 p.m

Arrival at Jalandhar City @ 12.45 p.m (following day)

AMRITSAR EXP (# 1057) leaving Jalandhar @ 3 p.m

Arrival in Amritsar @ 4.30 p.m

I have set a side adequate time in between trains in case of my first train runs late.

I will be arriving from Jaisalmer to Jodhpur previous night (night in Jodhpur) spend the following day visiting the sights in Jodhpur and catch the train leaving Jodhpur that night.

Flying out of Jodhpur is not an option since all flights from Jodhpur to New Delhi depart only in the afternoon. Hence my only option is by train, by 1AC or 2AC. I like to take the overnight train inorder to save time and get some sleep.

I am trying to find the best train connection between Jodhpur and Amritsar.

Any suggestion or advice would be much appreciated.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jodhpur - Amritsar

Jammu Tawi Exp.(9223) is god option.Even If train is late you will be able to go to Amritsar by bus or by Taxi as the distance is not that much.Very good bus service between Jalandhar and Amritsar at any time of the day and night.

2. Re: Jodhpur - Amritsar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 24, 2011
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now