We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a decent hotel near US Embassy...

Orlando
4 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for a decent hotel near US Embassy...

I am travelling with my wife and daughter to Delhi for my Visa stamping and looking for a nice and decent hotel in the Chanakyapuri area.

Can somebody also tell me the distance between Delhi Domestic Airport and the US Embassy ?

Also, what would be the best means of transport in Delhi ?

Thanks

11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a decent hotel near US Embassy...

Dear Swaps,

I dont know if you have already been to Delhi as I just have seen your post of 19 Dec. Just in case ...

The only one nearest to the US Embassy I can think of is the International Youth Hostel.

The address is : 5. Nyaya Marg, Chanakya Puri, New Delhi - 110 021

The E-mail id : yhostel@del2.vsnl.net.in

You may hire a pre-paid blcak & yellow taxi from the Traffic Police counter inside the domestic airport counter

13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a decent hotel near US Embassy...

Hi Swaps

If u realy want to go for nice hotel then that will be Hotel Diplomat.A only 4star Hotel in chanakyapuri.if u r interested or require some more info about delhi so u can asl anythingon robert.william2000@yahoo.co.uk

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a decent hotel near US Embassy...

I'm a flight attendant for a major US airline and we always stay at the ITC Sheraton Maurya which is 8 miles from Ghandi International Airport and within 1-2 miles from the US Embassy. I don't know if this helps you at all since you mentioned the Domestic Airport. This is a 5 star luxury hotel, however, and I don't know what the rates are since the airline pays for it. The best means of transportation most definitely are the taxis. The busses are filthy and overcrowded and I wouldn't trust the autorickshaws. You can hire a taxi for a day, half a day or hourly. Approximate fee for 5-6 hours is around $15.00 no matter how many people are in the taxi. You just have to know exactly where you're going and be very firm with them because they will take you to the shops where they get a kick-back. Good luck and let me know if I can help at all.

4. Re: Suggestions for a decent hotel near US Embassy...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:35 pm, January 11, 2006