We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Delhi hotel prices

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
New Delhi hotel prices

I am shocked at the hotel prices in New Delhi. Is $350+ a night for a double bed in a room in line with what other travelers have found? Please let me know.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Delhi hotel prices

I guess it depends how much comfort you demand. Certainly, few Indian travellers in Delhi would be spending that much on a room, but perhaps they don't expect quite the standard of creature comforts that you will be getting for your $350. When we were there last year, we stayed in the Suma Palace, in the Karol Bargh area, and our air-conditioned double cost us $15 a night. It wasn't too fancy, though.... the TV worked fine, but the air-conditioner operated only at two levels (off, or at full power), the refrigerator didn't work at all, and the toilet seat just sat on the fixture without actually being connected to anything. Still, the hot water was good, the hotel was clean and convenient, and there are a couple of terrific restaurants just down the road. We didn't see another foreigner in our hotel -- it caters, it seems, mainly to out-of-town Indians on holiday. Not the best place we stayed in, by a long chalk.... but if you tell me that the swanker places are charging $350 for a room, then I think we probably made a canny choice.