We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi-Agra-Jaipur - Cost for car and driver hire? 4 days

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Delhi-Agra-Jaipur - Cost for car and driver hire? 4 days

Hi all

Appreciate that this topic may have been whipped to death! However I am landing in Delhi on morning of the 23rd December and am flying out to Kulu on the morning of the 27th Dec. So I have exactly 4 days from the hour I land to visit as much as I can. I will be returning to Delhi for another 24hours at a later date so am not too fussed about sightseeing in Delhi between the 24th and 27th.

I'd like to visit Agra, Jaipur and possibly Udaipur. Firstly is this realistic in the 4 days I have? And how much should I expect to pay for a comfortable car and driver to complete my round trip?

I'm more than likely to book my own hotels so just need a driver and car.

Would really appreciate any honest advice and contacts my fellow trip advisors! :-)

Mo

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur - Cost for car and driver hire? 4 days

Much will depend on what kind of car you want.....

A small car like Tata Indica may be available at Rs. 1800 per day and a bigger vehicle like Innova will be around Rs. 2500 per day........

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,964 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur - Cost for car and driver hire? 4 days

Hi Mo45in,

On23rd drive straight to Agra from Delhi airport (4-5Hrs.) see the Taj and Agra Fort stay overnight .

On 24th drive to Jaipur(4 hrs.) start early in the morning so as to be in Jaipur around 10- 11 AM jaipur .After seing Amer fort , City palace and observatory take overnight train to Udaipur that leaves around 10PM from Jaipur .

On 25th you can do sightseeing at Udaipur and stay overnight .

On 26th fly to Delhi.

It becomes too hectic and if you can do Udaipur some time later and do Agra and Jaipur this time it will be comfortable but it is your choice.

deepak

Edited: 8:35 pm, December 02, 2009
Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur - Cost for car and driver hire? 4 days

I agree with Deepak's suggestion......and I think trying to fit in too much in too little time might spoil everything....concentrate on Agra and Jaipur for this trip and you can do Udaipur in the next....I would think one day would not do justice to Udaipur....I would give Udaipur atleast 2 days.....

Happy Traveling.......

Sunil

NC
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur - Cost for car and driver hire? 4 days

for return trip to delhi after visiting agra and jaipur i was charged rs 12500 for tata indigo car,

5. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur - Cost for car and driver hire? 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, June 05, 2010