We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chotti Havelli - or similar hotel near airport ?

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chotti Havelli - or similar hotel near airport ?

Hi, I am looking for accommodation that is in between the airport and central Delhi (but closer to the airport as I have a number of early morning flights). I came across Chotti Havelli - but am not sure as although it is near the airport, when I check the maps - it seems to be in the opposite direction to central Delhi. Can yo suggest any other b&b, home stay, hotel of similar quality and price - that is perhaps closer to Central Delhi - but still quick access to the airport - or shall i just stick to chotti haveli. thanks so much.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chotti Havelli - or similar hotel near airport ?

May checkout B&B On The House at B-4/120 Safdarjung Enclave (aradhna.lanba@gmail.com )

There are many Delhi B&Bs reviewed on TA itself may do a search....

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Chotti Havelli - or similar hotel near airport ?

Hi K_Yogi,

thanks for the quick reply. Is there a website or info on B&B On The House. I coudnt find it on TA.

I have checked out most of the B&B's in delhi and then have google map'd them but have no idea of traffic patterns or times to and from airport to other places - so i am hoping someone can advise me ...

For example most of the B&B' are located in the following. But i need help with the approx times teh journey will take from the airport and from central delhi.

Defence Colony

Vasant Kunj

Karol Bagh

Chandi Chowk

Eg: I live near an airport - and during certain times the journey can take 15mins, but during certain times it will take 1hr. For my friend who lives further away (in distance) his journey will take approx 30 mins at any time...

what i am after is some guidance from locals who know the area and can suggest a place to stay that is in quick access to the airport but also a reasonable time to get into Central Delhi...

Thanks

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chotti Havelli - or similar hotel near airport ?

Website for On the House B&B is www.bedandbreakfastnewdelhi.com

Other options as per me are:

1. Inn at Delhi - www.innatdelhi.com

2. Lutyens Bunglow - www.lutyensbungalow.co.in

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Chotti Havelli - or similar hotel near airport ?

Thanks K_Yogi - i will check them out.,

5. Re: Chotti Havelli - or similar hotel near airport ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 14, 2010