We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a car and driver

Trinidad
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hiring a car and driver

hi I am in need of a car and driver to pick me up and drop me off at a particular location daily. Where would I find such a service. I have heard I can rent a car for all day long for about 20 dollars but that seems like a waste to have him sleep for 8 hours and wait for me to come out. Is there any place to arrange for pick up and drop off service for a particular destination? thanks!

J K
Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
435 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a car and driver

Hi there,

Almost all cities in India now have 'Call Taxies', where you can call a number about 15-30 min before your time of departure, and the taxi comes to pick you up. The charge around Rs10-15 per km if I'm right. Considering that you only want them to pick you up in the morning and drop off in the evening, arranging one of these call taxies should work better than hiring a car for all day at Rs800 (~$20).

There are several 'call taxi' operators in each city, and you should be able to get the numbers for these at your hotel.

If you want something more adventurous, you can try the autorickshaws. They charge around Rs5-6/km if I'm right....while most of them are straightforward, there is the occasional risk of running into a crook, who may take you on a round about route so that the meter runs higher. A call taxi however is a reasonably safe and comfortable option.

HTH,

JK

Mentioned in this post
Get answers to your questions about New Delhi