We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last night in Delhi - recommendations please

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brisbane
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Last night in Delhi - recommendations please

Hi everyone

My friend and I are having a two week adventure in India in October/November.

On our last night in Delhi I would like to do something a bit special before we head home.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to go for some drinks, dinner maybe a massage or other beauty treatment and of course that controversial question somewhere to stay. I love the idea of the Imperial but not sure our budget will stretch that far.

Appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

Amanda

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Last night in Delhi - recommendations please

The Spa is a great idea actually and there are so special ones in the city. Ammatra immediately comes to mind but let me call up some massage-fetished friends of mine for more recommendations and get back to you.

The Imperial is quite an experience in itself so if you did not manage to stretch that budget I don't think you will ever regret it. Scout around for deals on the hotel - I know that prices are lower than the previous seasons till now.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,261 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last night in Delhi - recommendations please

ajl, I sent a reply to your private message. There's a Jiva spa at the Taj which is good.

3. Re: Last night in Delhi - recommendations please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:54 pm, July 10, 2009
New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last night in Delhi - recommendations please

ajl23,

I hope you got my reply to your PM. Amatrra Spa at Ashika hotel as mentioned by Dilli Billi also will be a good choice.

For Authentic Kerala Style Massage Therapy, you may go to Arya Vaidyasala at South Extension.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Last night in Delhi - recommendations please

Actually what I had meant in my previous post was that if you did decided to stretch that budget and opted for The Imperial, you would just never regret it. It is a truly special hotel in my opinion.

But here's another suggestion to make your dollar travel far. What if you booked yourself in the Svelte Hotel and Suites or the Sheraton Hotel in Saket (this area is in south of Delhi, and from what I hear the prices would be nearly half of the Imperial) and dipped into the luxuries of the nearby luxury malls on your last evening for some very special experiences. Apart from all the retail therapy, there are some exciting spa options - start off at the ‘Harnn Hertiage Spa’ at the MGF Metropolitan Mall. Their massages are moderately priced (well compared to Amaatra that is!) at about Rs 1800 for 60 minutes and includes some great Thai aromatic options, apart from sea salt exfoliations full of Vitamin E to get you the perfect ‘Back from a holiday’ glow. You could then move to the adjoining Select City Walk to the ‘Spa Happy Feet’ and have little fishes nibble away your callused feet. The chomping (Rs 350) is rounded off with a quick food rub and creaming. Gleaming as your feet would be, you could choose to leave them naturally so, or then add that last bit of India bling to your fingers and toes at the ‘Scratch Bar’ (again in Select City) where you could get the prettiest/craziest nail art (from dainty flowers to gothic vintage) from Rs 500 inwards.

Wrap it all up with dinner at a restaurant at either of the malls – many of these depending upon the weather open out to their terraces in the evening. The cuisine choices at upscale restaurants move between Indian (Sattvik), Japanese (Ai), Manre (international cuisine) and some Oriental and Malaysian restaurants whose names I can’t remember. But there are umpteen number of lovely cafes, stalls and smaller quick-bite shops within the malls dishing out interesting stuff. There are also food courts in the malls that serve generic but decent food on a small budget.

Hope this helps!

Delhi
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Last night in Delhi - recommendations please

Amattra has really in a bad shape now .. Taj spa will be much much better.

I had taken Amatraa spa this month and was shocked to see their state and service... worst part is they still maintain 5 star pricing with 1 star product.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last night in Delhi - recommendations please

Can you please elaborate some more about your experience at Amattran ?

St-lambert
Level Contributor
903 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last night in Delhi - recommendations please

I like the idea of Svelte Hotel, am too will be finishing a 15 days Rajasthan tour, and also thinking of sleeping in a comfy hotel not to far from the airport, wich I will have the next day a flight to Varanasi. Wich shopping malls are nearby this hotel and area ?

Merci

Sylvain

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last night in Delhi - recommendations please

Saket where Svelte is located is choc a block with shopping malls. It has Select Citywalk where Svelte is located, MGF Metropolitan Mall, Square1 mall

Sattvik,Tabularasa, Manre, Pan Asian, Jerry Wong, Azzurro are some ofthe top notch restaurants there...

The old faithful PVR complex has the branch of Bennigan the Irish style pub....

St-lambert
Level Contributor
903 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last night in Delhi - recommendations please

Hello

This sound good. I'll take a note of that.

Merci

Sylvain