We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What have I left out?

Dhaka
Level Contributor
239 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
What have I left out?

Hi,

I'm going to Delhi for a week. Though it's a business trip, I have the evenings free and am a complete shopaholic. I also have the whole of a tuesday and a sunday to shop. This is my second trip to Delhi and I've already seen all the sights, but the last time I couldn't shop.

I'm a Bangladeshi and I'm into sarees, kurtis, fusion wear, shoes, bags and almost everything that you can think of.

I'll be staying at a hotel near Nehru Place. I went through the forum and these are the places I came up with :

1) Connought Place (will 1/2 a day be enough)

2)Karol Bagh (another 1/2 day or more?)

3) Chadni Chawk (is it open on saturday/sunday?)

4)Lajpat (Is it safe to visit in the evening? I'm travelling alone)

5)Greater Kailash

6) South Extension (are no 6 and 7 open on saturdays and sundays?)

7) South Mile? (where is this?)

Have I left out any place that I might also be interested in?

I also like mid to high- range indian labels (karma, kimaya, ensemble, label by RK, RK couture etc) and am interested in visiting reasonably priced local boutiques.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: What have I left out?

Yes Right said Dilli Billy,i did an error there, insted of 1 hr 30 mins i wrote 30 Mins

Thanks for the correction ;-)

Dhaka
Level Contributor
239 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What have I left out?

Thanks all!

I'm mostly looking for sarees and shalwar kurtas. I'm a female btw.

Just visited Lajpat Nagar and Connought place. Hope to visit South Extension tomorrow.

Will keep Gurgaon, Karolbagh, Greater Kailash and the malls for Saturday evening, Sunday morning and monday afternoon.

When are these markets closed?

Thank you all for your help!

i'm loving Delhi

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: What have I left out?

Glad you are enjoying Delhi - have to say you've been very lucky with the weather. Haven't the past two evenings been brilliant? Karol Bagh is closed on Mondays, GK and Tuesdays. The malls are open all days.

14. Re: What have I left out?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, December 09, 2009