We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of ac car for 4 people from delhi to Agra

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
cost of ac car for 4 people from delhi to Agra

Can anyone give a recent price for the private hire of a car to the taj mahal from delhi.. thank you. ps returning same day.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of ac car for 4 people from delhi to Agra

Hi I was in Delhi in March and enquired about car hire,I was quoted £35.As I was on my own I opted for a coach trip with Panickers which was a lot cheaper.

As there are four travelling together a car would be quite reasonable.

Happy travels,Laney

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of ac car for 4 people from delhi to Agra

Hi Andrew,

There are a few catagories you can choose from

Toyota Innova which is a large car should cost you around Rs.5200/-

Tata Indigo which can seat 4 people (only 3 very comfortably) excluding the driver should cost you around Rs. 4000/-

You can see the care by searching in google with the name of the car.

Hope this would help.

Sunil

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of ac car for 4 people from delhi to Agra

and the above cosots should include all the parking costs/toll taxes.

INDIA
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of ac car for 4 people from delhi to Agra

hello andrew,

same day agra tour by airconditioner car with english speaking driver cost @ 3300 INR (tata indica), 3800 INR (Indigo) and 4800 INR (innova or qualis) including all taxes,driver fees and fuel charges. Only you have to pay monuments fee by your own if any.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of ac car for 4 people from delhi to Agra

Thank u all for your prompt replys. very much appreciated,with greetings from Scotland

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of ac car for 4 people from delhi to Agra

How was the Panicker experience Laney?

7. Re: cost of ac car for 4 people from delhi to Agra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:23 am, May 17, 2009
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of ac car for 4 people from delhi to Agra

Hi Dilli,

Panickers was great.

There were three of us westerners and the rest were South indians on the coach.A really nice bunch of people who made the day so much more enjoyable.

Its a long day but the tour was good and I think we had enough time at the sights although I would have liked a little longer at the Taj.

I would highly recommend Panickers as a cheap way of getting to Agra.

Cheers,Laney

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,222 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of ac car for 4 people from delhi to Agra

There are different kinds of companies offering transport to Agra and back.

At the bottom end of the scale are small agents, perhaps a one-man operation with a telephone. The agent has access to a set of individuals who own 1 car, and drive it themselves. When you book a car, the agent contracts it out to the owner-driver of the car.

At the next level, there are one-man agents who may own 1-2 cars of their own with employed drivers, and also have access to individual driver-owners. At the mid-range are travel agents who have have 3-5 staff members, office space etc and their own small set of cars and coaches and drivers.

At the higher end of this spectrum, there are those who have large offices, expensive cars and coaches, and run full-fledged travel operations.

Depending on who you are dealing with, the prices of transport, the reliability of the transport, the quality of the car, and most important, the reliability of the driver, all vary. Some drivers speak English, some don't. Some are uniformed, some are not. Some know the roads well, some are new to inter-city driving. Some cars come with ice boxes and bottled water and cold towels, some come with just the basics, no frills.

The trouble is, everyone in this segment calls themselves a travel agent, and it is hard to judge the size and quality of the operation.

The important thing to understand is that all agents and all cars and drivers are not the same, and that using price as the single barometer is not the most logical way to do it. I usually tell people to get quotes from 3-4 places, and then pick someone at the mid-range, neither the cheapest nor the most expensive, but somewhere at the average, and ideally someone with good internet references.

The other thing that is worth realising is that when you hire the cheapest car model in the market it also comes with less experienced drivers. As drivers become better and more experienced, they move to bigger and better cars, it's as simple as that. The rookies get assigned the smaller inexpensive cars, although you may still get an experienced owner-driver with an inexpensive car.

I've seen car hire prices ranging from 3000 to 6500 for a day trip to Agra, depending on the car model you choose and the size and reputation of the agency you are dealing with. Also, please check what exactly you are getting, some provide a guided tour as well as entrances and lunch, some provide only a car with driver, and so on.

- Deepa

P.S. Dilli, MBA batchmate of mine went on the Panicker bus with his wife and kid, said it was fine. Quite rushed and not high quality guides, but good if you are looking for an inexpensive trip.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of ac car for 4 people from delhi to Agra

Thanks for the feedback Laney and Deepa.