We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice in Nanital and Kalmatia-Sangam

South Africa
3 posts
Save Topic
Advice in Nanital and Kalmatia-Sangam

My partner and i are going to be in North India for 3 weeks - we have 7 days to get from Delhi to Rishikesh and thought this route would be nice - please help

Delhi to Kathgodam train station

Kalmatia-sangam resort for 2 days

we have for days to either go to Nanital, Mussorie, Ramgarh Bungalows.... and then head twd Rishikesh

(train from Kathgodam to Haridwar)

anyone done a route here?

what was it like?

Delhi
Level Contributor
94 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice in Nanital and Kalmatia-Sangam

Hi,

I once stayed in Kalmatia Sangam (about 7 kms from nearest town of Almora)during monsoon (september), it is a very nice resort managed by a German Couple.

Food is excellent but they dont have any TV in rooms. You can also go to Binsar for a day if interested.

RamGarh Bungalows is again peaceful as Kalmatia Sangam and i would suggest you go to Mussorie which has many tourists and attaractions as well and stay preferably at upscale resorts (search at www.makemytrip.com, www.cleartrip.com, ...)

From Mussorie take a Luxury Bus to Rishikesh or you can hire a cab.

Hope this helps.

Delhi
Level Contributor
514 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice in Nanital and Kalmatia-Sangam

Train to Kathgodam and proceed to Kalmatia-sangam.You can stay for more than 2 nights and explore nearby areas.Tranel to Mussorie via Gwaldham,Tharali,Karanprayag either by bus or taxi as you desire.Roads are okay.

3. Re: Advice in Nanital and Kalmatia-Sangam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, October 17, 2009