We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prepaid taxi

london
1 post
Save Topic
prepaid taxi

how much for a prepaid taxi for 2 from new delhi international airport to new delhi railway station

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prepaid taxi

550 rupees, if my memory serves.

nasik
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: prepaid taxi

Take the easycabs rather than avis - much cheaper and very efficient

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
626 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prepaid taxi

We've been quoted Rs 1200/- for 4 people plus luggage in one larger vehicle for a door to door transfer from the airport to our accommodation in the Greater Kailash district.

We're arriving in the early hours of the morning after a long flight and don't want a lot of hassle waiting for cabs, haggling prices, driver struggling with the address etc - and we don't want to separate our party into 2 x taxis.

Does the quote sound reasonable, dear or extortionate?

Will I also need Rs100/- or so for a tip?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prepaid taxi

Hi !

You can arrange for a prepaid taxi even from London. Just log on to http://www.easycabs.com (There are several others, but I remember this only) and make your appointment. They are reliable, efficient and have fixed prices of Rs. 15 per KM.

K-Yogi

Frankfurt Main
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prepaid taxi

Is there only one or more pre paid taxi companies at New Delhi airport ?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prepaid taxi

Pre Paid taxi service is managed by Delhi Traffic Police and not by any company.

Other prebookable taxi options are:

www.megacabs.com

www.merucabs.com

Delhi
Level Contributor
731 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: prepaid taxi

International Airport to New Delhi Railway Station by a airconditioned taxi will cost about Rs 300 @15 per KM and its about 20 KM.

Airport to Greater KAilash is about 15 - 20 KM and should cost between 250 to 300 in an airconditioned cab.

If you have a large quantity of baggage [which will not fit into the boot of a regular cab - say more than 2 large suitcases] then ask for a ;larger cab and you will probably have to pay a hundred extra. Tips are not expected but a 50 will do no harm.

When exiting from the International airport, you have a sign which says Easy Cabs and you can book a cab there. There is also a sign for prepaid taxi which is for non airconditioned vehicles which cost about half of the prices mentioned above.

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: prepaid taxi

Good info there K-Yogi thanks for the links, I've been aware of these guys for a while but since you posted the links I had a wee look at the websites, there's some interesting stuff on there for travel anoraks like me.

I was interested in the different flag down charges, over night charges state by state.

I might try them out in Mumbai, see what I think.

9. Re: prepaid taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, February 27, 2010