We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with finding paying guest accomodations

Trinidad
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with finding paying guest accomodations

for a 5 month stay in South Delhi. Defence colony, south ex, jorbagh all those are highly preferable, but anywhere I can get to Jorbagh by auto is fine. Any good websites to find paying guest accommodation?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
771 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with finding paying guest accomodations

Whats you budget?

Trinidad
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with finding paying guest accomodations

I am looking at 7k rupees per month or less for a one room set.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
771 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with finding paying guest accomodations

I did a search on magicbricks.com and found many options. The areas in South Delhi you should look for are:

- South Extension

- Jangpura (within 2 kms of Jor Bagh)

- Greater Kailash I&II

- Bengali Market

- Chittaranjan park, South Extension, Lajpat Nagar (lots of girls stay in PGs here so you will have ample company. Lajpat Nagar maybe a little congested but it has a bustling colorful market)

The areas to avoid are Amar Colony and Gautam Nagar (cheap but dingy) and Kalkaji (too far from Jor Bagh).

Use the internet to identify the properties but commit to something only after seeing the place.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
771 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with finding paying guest accomodations

Another option is to stay in the Delhi University area. The metro will connect you easily with Bhagwan Das Road (I saw this place being mentioned in one of your previous posts). You could also take the metro till Central Secretariat, them onwards in an auto till Jorbagh which is only 2-3 kms away.

Also try http://www.payingguest.in/searchAll.do

5. Re: Help with finding paying guest accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 18, 2009