We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transiting from Domestic to International Terminal, Delhi

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
56 posts
320 reviews
Save Topic
Transiting from Domestic to International Terminal, Delhi

We will be arriving from Goa at Delhi´s domestic terminal 1A on Kingfisher Airlines. Our next flight is from Terminal 2 on Air France to Paris, some eight hours later. I have been told that I will not be able to check all the way through to Paris when I check in at Goa, even though the two airlines are part of the same group.

Does any one know whether there is a transit check-in desk airside that I can use to check-in for our next flight and get boarding cards, rather than having to go through passport control and customs and check-in in the main outside terminal area?

I don´t really want to go through customs to check-in as I understand we can only check-in 3 hours before our flight, which means we will have 5 additional hours to wait outside the airport.

We will only be travelling with hand-luggage so I am hoping that we will be able to transit from T1 to T2 without having to go through customs. Can anyone give me any guidance and roughly how long the transit should take?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transiting from Domestic to International Terminal, Delhi

You need to check in at the international airport, there is no desk at the domestic. You should make the most of the 5 hours, there is so much to see and do in Delhi!

2. Re: Transiting from Domestic to International Terminal, Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 pm, October 12, 2009