We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sleeping bags

MELBOURNE
1 post
Save Topic
Sleeping bags

I will be flying into Mumbai in December and spending a month in India travelling up to Delhi. Is it necessary to have a sleeping bag if I am staying in budget accommodation?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sleeping bags

If you have a budget of Rs 800-1000 per night, you should be able to get clean (ok not squeaky clean always, but passable clean!) linen in most hotels. I use the sleeping bag mostly for train travel - that's if I am travelling by non a/c sleeper class. In all the a/c compartments they provide you with beddings and hand towels.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,355 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sleeping bags

I'm past the stage of roughing it out, but I'd advise you bring your own little bedspread (a single spread). Some budget hotels can be grungy. Where possible, book the YMCA / YWCA hostels, or the Ginger hotel chain.

3. Re: Sleeping bags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 10, 2009