We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closing times Lotus Temple, Humayun's tomb and Red Fort

lethbridge
Level Contributor
76 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Closing times Lotus Temple, Humayun's tomb and Red Fort

Can anyone tell me the closing time for the Lotus Temple, Humayun's tomb and the Red Fort? We are in Delhi on a Sunday and have only that afternoon to see these, as monday they are closed! Doreen

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Closing times Lotus Temple, Humayun's tomb and Red Fort

I think the Humanyun Tomb is open all days from sunrise to sunset.

Lotus temple has the following timings:

Summer Timings (till sept) - 9 am to 7pm

Winter Timings - 9am to 5:30 pm

Red Fort is again open from sunrise to sunset. In winters the sunrise is usually around 6-6.30 am and the sunset around 5.30 am.

Do Red Fort and Lotus temple on the Sunday afternoon. Then take a stroll around the India Gate lawns in the evening. If you are in town on Monday as well, you could do Humanyun's tomb, Qutab Minar, Dilli Haat and Lodhi Gardens that day.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Closing times Lotus Temple, Humayun's tomb and Red Fort

...sorry that's sunset at 5.30 pm

lethbridge
Level Contributor
76 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closing times Lotus Temple, Humayun's tomb and Red Fort

Thanks, Dilli Billi - great suggestions - I read somewhere that Humayan's tomb is closed on mondays - thanks for the suggested itinerary - we will be in Delhi on monday, so can take in the rest.We take off for Amritsar first thing tuesday morning, so wanted accommodation fairly central Doreen

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Closing times Lotus Temple, Humayun's tomb and Red Fort

Forgot about the Akshardham temple!

Skip Lodhi Gardens and include Akshardham in the itinerary instead. The temple complex is open till late evrning but entry closes around 5.30 I think.

5. Re: Closing times Lotus Temple, Humayun's tomb and Red Fort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 06, 2009