We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clothing shops in New Delhi and restaurants around CP

Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
clothing shops in New Delhi and restaurants around CP

Hi Everyone

I am returning to New Delhi in October and can't wait. Such an incredible country :)

I visited several shops in my past trip - Delhi Haat, Jan Path, Fab India and my favorites Anokhi, People Tree and 'The Shop' at CP. Are there any other locations for good quality clothing. I absolutely love Anokhi so hopefully that gives you an indication of my fashion tastes.

Also, any suggestions on great (and safe) food around Connaught Place? We stumbled across the United Coffee House on our last visit and LOVED it. Can you suggest any other great eateries?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,681 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clothing shops in New Delhi and restaurants around CP

If you like Anokhi, you might like Soma as well.

Soma Shop

K-44,Connaught Place

Opp. PVR Plaza

New Delhi 110 001

India

Tel: +91 11 23416003

http://www.somashop.com/

Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clothing shops in New Delhi and restaurants around CP

Thanks Deepa. I have read many of your posts. You always provide great information :)

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,681 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clothing shops in New Delhi and restaurants around CP

If Dilli Billi comes along, you'll get more recommendations.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
771 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: clothing shops in New Delhi and restaurants around CP

More shopping ideas that suit your taste:

1. KAMALA, INDUSTREE, TRIBES and the NIFT shop at the Rajiv Gandhi Handicrafts Bhawan, Baba Kharak Singh Marg. Do remember that the RGHB is a SEPERATE complex, and appears just AFTER the row of State Emporiums. Ok all the shops mentioned would have a limited range of garments, but they work with craftspeople at the grassroot level (so you know the money is going in the right hands) and you are likely to come across some really exclusive stuff, especially handwoven stoles and jackets. Also great for souvenirs.

2. BANDHEJ at Square 1 Mall, Saket Place, Opp. Khirkee Village, Saket, Phone: 011 2956 3042

3. COTTON CURIO at A/1 Ground Floor, Hauz Khas Village. They don't match Anokhi's detailing in garment-making, but have delightfully fresh block prints. BTW if you haven't been to Hauz Khas yet, do make time to explore the Hauz-i-Alai (water tank) and the madrasa (learning centre) built by Firoz Shah. The market itself makes for a pleasant afternoon stroll - if you like books, posters, old maps, vintage textiles or silver jewellery - this is just the place. Round it of with lunch at Pind Balluchi located within the Deer Park.

4. My Pick - NEERU KUMAR at 312, Square One Mall, Saket. Also at Santushti Complex Chanakya Puri. If you tire looking at block prints head here. Somewhat expensive but exquisitely textured/treated/embellished garments on khadi and silk.

Also Dastkari Haat Samiti holds the annual Nature Bazaar at Dilli Haat in Oct-Nov and is well-worth a visit. I will post the dates when they are released.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
771 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: clothing shops in New Delhi and restaurants around CP

Restauraat recos in CP:

LEGENDS OF INDIA, N55-56, Outer circle - Mughlai and Awadhi cuisine

NIZAMS, Plaza Building - for the legendary double egg-double chicken rolls and masala coke. Their biryanis are not bad either.

MOSAIC, M-45/1 and PICCADELHI, Plaza Building - food from across India.

THE CHINESE and BERCOS - for Punjabised Chinese

RAJDHANI, Opp PVR Rivoli - Ok so the food is nowhere near the Gujrati thalis of Ahmedabad, but they are light and a welcome break from the Mughlai fare that most other restaurants serve.

VEDA - less for food, more to experience the eclectic interiors.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
347 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: clothing shops in New Delhi and restaurants around CP

there are many state government emporiums on Hanuman Temple Road, they are good, reliable and no cheating. You can see the textile , handicraft of most of the indian states

I would suggest you to visit CHOR Bizzare restaurent at hotel Broadway, you will enjoy your dinner with antiques

Australia
Level Contributor
50 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: clothing shops in New Delhi and restaurants around CP

Thanks for your help Dilli Billi and Vickyrai. I will certainly be busy visiting all your great suggestions :)

Have a great week and again, thankyou

london
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: clothing shops in New Delhi and restaurants around CP

There is another shop which has the kind of stuff u are looking for-Suti..I have not been to India in a year so not sure of the exact location, but it is in CP

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
771 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: clothing shops in New Delhi and restaurants around CP

Hi Shuilee

Are you sure the shop is called SUTI? Would you remember any landmarks around it - would sure like to check out the shop the next I am in CP.

london
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: clothing shops in New Delhi and restaurants around CP

I am sure it's Suti, as the name was rather unusual and got stuck in my mind. But I have no idea about the location-all i know is that its somewhere in CP