We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants in delhi

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants in delhi

any particular restaurant in delhi not to be missed? should we stick to the hotel? we are staying at the imperial, or is it safe to explore? Thank you for any ideas!!!!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants in delhi

We loved Saravanaa Bhavan, on Janpath near Connaught Place. It's not a fancy place, but has a wonderful selection of dosas and other fabulous food. It's also close to great shopping at Central Cottage Emporium.

boston
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants in delhi

thank you!

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants in delhi

In Connaught Place I like Qba and United Coffee House. The restaurants in the Imperial are also nice.

Bukhara in Maurya Sheraton is the most famous, but also 360 in the Oberoi and the Orient Express in Taj Palace (the one next to Maurya Sheraton, there several Tajs and I get confused with the names).

London
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants in delhi

panjab restaurant in karol bagh sell the best Shahi Paneer, i have never tatsed better than that...yummy

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants in delhi

The Spice Route at the Imperial was once voted among the top ten restaurants in the world by Condé Nast Traveler. They serve South Indian Kerala cuisine (a very different sort of cooking, with coconut). They also have Sri Lankan, Thai, Malay, Indonesian food.

If you want to try places other than the Imperial, there are many five star restaurants to choose from. Delhi is home to several excellent restaurants that serve a wide range of Indian cuisines.

First of all, there is the place that Clinton ate at - Bukhara. The cuisine is called Northwest Frontier cuisine, essentially a sort of rugged barbecue cooking. Bukhara is at the ITC Maurya Sheraton.

The Maurya Sheraton also has another restaurant, Dum Pukht, which serves a style of slow cooking that evolved to suit the luxury loving nawabs of the province of Oudh. Dum Pukht is a refined cuisine characterised by delicate and subtle spicing that brings out the flavour of the food by letting it cook in covered dishes.

A third type of cuisine you can try is Kashmiri Cuisine, which is served at Chor Bizarre on Asaf Ali Road. This style of cooking is very mildly spiced, in fact I think several dishes have raisins in them. Try their platter that allows you to sample a wide variety of stuff, and don't miss kahwa, fragrant Kashmiri tea.

www.chorbizarrerestaurant.com/cuisine-ind.asp

The Dhaba restaurant at Claridges serves traditional highway cuisine (Punjabi cuisine) in a rustic setting, reminiscent of a typical north Indian dhaba (truckers roadside stop). Another Punjabi-style restaurant that is very popular with tourists is Moti Mahal on Pandara Road, you'll always find many tourists eating there...this is possibly closest to "curry" but more delicious :) Pandara Road also has another place called Have More (I smile every time I see that name). And Gulati or some such name, next to Have More. All of these tend to serve good butter chicken.

Aangan at the Hyatt Regency does good kebabs and they have a large vegetarian option as well. They have a set platter for lunch which is is quick and convenient.

- Deepa

6. Re: restaurants in delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 28, 2009