We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Delhi. Lucknow & Goa November/December 2007

England
Level Contributor
9 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Delhi. Lucknow & Goa November/December 2007

Hi there,

I would like to know about internal travel around India. I am going with my husband and mother in law who is in her late 70's. We are starting off in Delhi and want to make our way to Lucknow, we want to stay in Delhi for a couple of days, then maybe 2 days in Agra followed by a train trip into Lucknow.

All that we have are flights to Delhi, and a flight back from Mumbai. Can somebody please give us an estimate of how much it should cost from the airport into New/Old Delhi, we arrive at 5am!!

Can anybody recommend a hotel in Delhi, Agra and Lucknow please?

We also need to find out how to book a train trip from Agra to Lucknow, with a possible train trip to Goa (although we are not sure how long this will take). There will only be myself and husband taking the trip to Goa.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your time.

Lisa

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Delhi. Lucknow & Goa November/December 2007

For the Train Travel within India look at the following link recently created.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293860-c63603/India:…

Delhi to Goa by Train would be almost a 30hr journey check the lowcost airlines you may get a good deal.

london
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Delhi. Lucknow & Goa November/December 2007

Try the Gemini Continental hotel in Lucknow, we stayed there in a group of 6 including a teenager and one disabled person in Oct 06 and it was great, with friendly staff and great food as well as lovely rooms and room service

Make sure you get first class if you can on the trains, standard might be a bit of a shock to a more mature lady and whilst you are guaranteed a seat I ended up with two extra people trying to share with me!

As far as hotels in Delhi go make sure you insist on official three star minimum as we ended up in flee pits when we thought that luxury meant the same thing and avoid Karol Bargh as a region of Delhi. I hear the Vikram is good but havent stayed there myself.

In Agra we stayed at the Holiday Inn, which was fine but so westernised as to take away the fun of being abroad and charged highter prices for everything

delhi
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Delhi. Lucknow & Goa November/December 2007

Dear Lisa,

Please contact ajanta travel services at www.ajantatravelservices.com

Shanghai, China
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Delhi. Lucknow & Goa November/December 2007

Madam

Please get in touch with India Tourist Office Cork St near Oxford Street, London for brochure/details for hotel bookings and train reservations in India.

You have not specified you budget for hotels, as I ca nguide you to particular area in your budget to stay in Delhi.For travelling to Agra/Lucknow it would be most comfortable to travel by Stabadi trains which are AC with chair car like your British rail and with evening return to Delhi facility.Train bookings can be done by email or through train travel agents in Delhi. The tourist Govt office would be most appropriate for bookings. Going to Goa from Delhi in the hot weather now would be preferable if you make a air booking on the local budget airlines like Jet airways, Kingfisher, Go Air,Indian Airlines etc.

regards

amarjit_31

5. Re: Trip to Delhi. Lucknow & Goa November/December 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 31, 2009