We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the best luxury hotel in New Delhi?

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
What's the best luxury hotel in New Delhi?

I've read so many reviews now my head's spinning. I want to spend a few days somewhere really nice in New Delhi with my wife. Any personal recommendations welcome. Thanks a lot!

Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the best luxury hotel in New Delhi?

I would say Imperial - one of the best places to stay and quiet central too. Is always my choice when I visit Delhi

wales united kingdom
Level Contributor
251 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the best luxury hotel in New Delhi?

I think the Imperial is great even if it's just for afternoon tea!

Don't use the tuk tuks outside they think you must be rich so will go for every scam to help you part with your money!

Kent UK
Level Contributor
279 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the best luxury hotel in New Delhi?

Yes the Imperial. Unbeatable but book now. Prices are due to go up again. Though it is now extremely expensive and prices have risen tenfold in the last ten years.

Alternatives? Claridges and the Oberoi Maidens for excellent value and atmosphere.

The Maurya Sheraton also takes some beating and its Bukhara Restuarant is arguably the best in India. The Oberoi Hotel like the MS is as good as it gets but you'll pay for that luxury. It is less traditional much more contemporary with stylish minimal lines. Wonderful furniture.

Level Contributor
847 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the best luxury hotel in New Delhi?

We stayed at the Imperial for three days at the start of our October 2004 trip to India and Nepal and for an additional day in mid trip. The pick up at the airport was prompt and went well. We liked our room and the staff was very attentive. As previous reviwers have said, the hotel is expensive. Since this was probably our only trip to India we decided to splurge. They also were great in getting us to the train station and on the correct train and car. The New Delhi train station is everything that the TV travel documentaties shoe - total confusion!! We also stayed at the Imperial for a night prior to flying to Kathmandu. They up graded our room. They also assisted us with the red tape on a lost ticket on our Kathmandu flight. We found the food and service to be excellent. However, if you read the hotel reviews on this site other folks have had different experiences. If we ever return, we would stay there again.

PS. Good previous advice re. the Tuk Tuk drivers. Again the Trip Advisor site is great is preparing the visitor for the many varied and clever scams that continue to be practiced on the unsuspecting tourist. Because of this site, we have been very well prepared for our three trips to Asia, and we are quite appreciative.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,724 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the best luxury hotel in New Delhi?

I'd say the Maurya Sheraton is among the best. Ask for the ITC One club rooms. They are divine. Special check-in, and you'll feel like royalty. The beauty salon is a dream, I had what must be the world's best pedicure. Food is great as well. The other thing I really appreciated about the Maurya Sheraton - which may not apply to you - is how safe they are for women. It has special floors, with additional safety measures.

- Deepa

Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the best luxury hotel in New Delhi?

I agree Maurya Sheraton is reasonable but not in the same class as Imperial or even TajMahal

Shud stick to above as I always do

7. Re: What's the best luxury hotel in New Delhi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 19, 2009