We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Working one month in New Delhi (Apr-May)

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
16 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Working one month in New Delhi (Apr-May)

This is my first time in India and I'll be working one month in New Delhi from 22th April to 18th May. I'll be staying at the Taj Mahal and working in a convention center. Should I be concerned about malaria (mosquitos)? What about food safety in upmarket hotels?

Any other useful recommendation will be appreciated!!

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,642 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Working one month in New Delhi (Apr-May)

It will be hot.

April can range between 20-32 degrees centigrade (70-90F)

May can go up to 45 degrees centigrade (113 F)

Mosquitoes don't thrive in extreme heat, but there will definitely be some around.

The Taj is definitely not a place where you need to worry about food safety. If you stick to upmarket restaurants, you'll be ok. The important thing is bottled water.

Do take time to go sightseeing. Delhi has a glorious history, its monuments are grand, and its markets are vibrant and interesting.

- Deepa

2. Re: Working one month in New Delhi (Apr-May)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 21, 2009