We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Tours off Colon

United States
Level Contributor
605 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling Tours off Colon

Just got back from Colon, Bocas Del Toro. We got beat on the Bocas snorkeling tour. All the Panamanian Tour companies are one. They dont care about you, just your money. They charge you an additional $10.00 for the Marine Park, and that money goes south. In a nut shell DO NOT waste your money with any of the snorkel trips. We were crammed in a boat, taken to an island to order lunch at an inflated cost. Then taken out to the Zaps and tossed on an island for 2 hours. I highly recommend taking the CATAMARAN TOUR with Captain Marcell. www.bocassailing.com

That was a great adventure snorkeling the Coral Gardens and more!

The Panamanians have a lot to learn about service. STAY AWAY FROM ALL THE SNORKELING TOURS ON COLON, except the Catamaran Tour.

Panama
Level Contributor
111 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Snorkeling Tours off Colon

Bocas del Toro hosts some of the best soft coral and mangrove snorkeling in the Caribbean. There are many choices as mentioned, Coopeguitours, scuba operators, Jampan Tours, and any decent hotel will have bilingual tours established. This is not complicated, the beauty is breathtaking and for the adventure received in return for money spent, most visitors are more than satisfied. Sorry, but when you rely upon street vendors to satisfy your needs and price, you may be disappointed. Work with those businesses that are establsihed. Make it a great vacation1

12. Re: Snorkeling Tours off Colon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:54 pm, February 13, 2012
New York City, New...
14 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Snorkeling Tours off Colon

I am sorry that instead of appreciating an opinion, you choose to bash an American from New York. This web site is to help others with there vacation planning. It is fact that the visibility at the Zaps is not usually good in January. It is also true that many of the tour companies work together on Colon. It is also true that we were taken from the get go as the tour people knew there would be NO SNORKELING at the Zaps because of the conditions, but they took our money anyway. The water was rough and the clarity was so bad, there was absolutely no snorkeling by anyone that day. I watched many tour boats come to the Zaps while we were on the island. Most if not all the people were complaining. I am telling the truth! Maybe it is different other times of the year, but this was our experience in January of 2010. Truth hurts and instead of bashing me, maybe the tour companies will take note and tailor their tours for days that they know conditions will be not good for snorkeling!

For those who choose to go on a snorkel trip to the Zaps in January, offer to pay after they visit the Zaps and snorkel. That idea wont go over to well :-)

New York City, New...
14 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Snorkeling Tours off Colon

Think what you want John, but deep down you know what Im talking about. I dont blame you for standing up for your friends and maybe you do send in the $10 dollars. I was only being honest with my testimony and maybe my New York attitude was just a truthful experience. On another note, we did visit Isla Bastimentos and it was awesome. We went to Wizard Beach, ate at the Thai restaurant and had a wonderful visit while on your island. The people were kind and helpful. You should also take note, my New York money helped pays bills for your people!

Edited: 7:49 pm, November 18, 2011
New York City, New...
14 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Snorkeling Tours off Colon

It bothered me all weekend about these posts and I wanted to say that I made this thread to warn others of what they may be in for. It was a very truthful experience! I am an avid traveler and do not nit pick! I actually gave the Tour company representative a chance to remedy my complaints and they promised and did not deliver, so I made a point of writing this post.

I enjoyed my stay in the Bocas and plan to visit again. I had a great visit. I had no intention to start a war against the entire island. I will not recant any of what i said, but it was a year ago and hopefully the Tour companies have read this post and maybe used it in a positive manor. If not, well then it only reinforces how interested they are to accommodate their customers. There is absolutely no reason to involve race, nationality or make stereotypical statements. That is being ignorant!

16. Re: Snorkeling Tours off Colon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 21, 2012