We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Vista Mar

Maple Grove, MN
7 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Vista Mar

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Vista Mar in Bocas? We are considering staying there for a few nights in March, but I cannot find any reviews for it?

We are leaning towards Vista Mar, Cocomo, Swans Cay or Bocas Paradise.

Any opinions????

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Vista Mar

This is a small hotel located directly across the street from Tropical Suites. The location is excellent within the town of Bocas, close to the store, the park, the main street in Bocas, and several nice little restaurants & bars. The hotel has about 7 rooms, 5 on the lower level, and two larger rooms on the upper level. We were upstairs in the larger room which featured 2 full beds, a seperate bath and a huge balcony where we sat and watched all the Bocas happenings in the morning and evenings. The hotel is only about 3 years old, very well built, very solid construction which means the room is very quiet for being in the heart of the action. The hotel is clean and looked after by a very nice staff and the office stays open until 10pm. In the morning, they serve up coffee, juice, and pastries which were excellent. The downstairs rooms did not have their own sitting area outside. There is a sitting area next to the office that was utilized often, and there is an area upstairs on the balcony that can be used by everyone. There was no phone or clock in our room but it did have a TV with DirectTV, although there are only about 3 stations in english. I highly recommend this little hotel in Bocas.

Liked — Clean, quiet, great location

Disliked — 2 Full size beds vs 1 queen aize

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Vista Mar

www.bocastesoroescondido.com

better personally...nice beach prettier

less dodgy location...

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Vista Mar

I think the above poster is talking about Hotelito Del Mar, not Hotel Vista Mar. I have never been to Bocas, but I am reseraching it right now and the above description doesn't make sense to me for Hotel Vista Mar. How can Hotel Vista Mar be accross the street from Tropical Suites? Aren't both these hotels on the water?

I also am interested in Hotel Vista Mar and would love to hear some reviews.

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Vista Mar

The Playa Tortuga is outside of Bocas Town, maybe 1.5km (I'm guessing). I've only driven by. I think there are reviews here from others.

The Vista Mar is at the east end of Bocas Town, where Calle 5 runs into Ave H (although nobody uses street names in Bocas, and they appear only on maps).

I've not stayed there, only eaten lunch -- and it was good. Seems like a nice, clean place.

Swan's Cay is nice, and one wing has a pool, but the property is more in the center of town; could be a bit noisier.

Cocomo is nice, good amenities (free kayaks), just two doors north of the Vista Mar.

Personally, I would not choose Tortuga, because I like being able to walk easily to town. But if you just want to sit by a pool, it's good. Between the last three, I'd say it's a toss-up; just depends on the vibe you want.

Bocas Paradise I don't know; it's brand-new.

Here's a Bocas map (but it doesn't go far enough out of town to show the Playa Tortuga, and it isn't new enough to show the Bocas Paradise): www.bocasyoga.com/BocasTownStreetMap.htm

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
887 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Vista Mar

As far as Tesoro Escondido (and other properties at Playa Bluff): It is a nice area, but it can be a real hassle getting to and from Bocas Town from there.

So, the "best" place in Bocas just depends on what you want. If you want quiet, privacy, isolation, no bars, and limits on your dining choices, the Playa Bluff area could be good. (Another great one there is La Coralina.) But if you want multiple bars, restaurants, shopping, and ease of access to water taxis so you can explore other islands, I'd stay closer to Bocas Town.

6. Re: Hotel Vista Mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, October 18, 2009