We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging & food in Bocas

PINE ISLAND, FL
2 posts
Save Topic
Lodging & food in Bocas

Hi all, I'm planning a trip to Bocas, and a friend told me about a place called Pargo Rojo (red snapper) and said it had cabinas, restaurant, bar and real decent prices. Is "anyone" out there familiar with this place? Can anyone tell me anything about it? PLEASE help!! Any info will be greatly appreciated! I hope it's in a good area, with good prices.

bocastown
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging & food in Bocas

Hi

I found a web site with all the local Bocas del Toro services called http://bocastown.com give it a shot photo gallery, hotels, retaurants lot's of good info. They also have a forum where it looks like people get answers to questions about the local area.

Cheers

Memphis
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging & food in Bocas

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Pargo Rojo, and we loved it there. the food is good and Bernard the owner is a real character. If I remember correctly the price for rooms was about $30-35.

The actually place is on another island, which is about a 2 minute boat ride from Bocas Del Toro. I hope you have a lovely time in Bocas. We thought it was lovely and plan on going back some time.

USA
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging & food in Bocas

Hi Grace and Beckboat!

My husband & I are also planning on a trip to Bocas. I too am looking for a nice little hotel.

Is Parjo Rojo on Bastimentos? I was wondering if Bastimentos is growing any. I thought about staying at Limbo on the Beach, since I want some beach, but I'm not sure if there are any restaurants or shops nearby.

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,971 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging & food in Bocas

Bastimentos is still very much away from it all...

Growing some especially on the corner closest to Bocas Town.

Limbo on the Beach is quite off by itself.

Cheers,

Andre

USA
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging & food in Bocas

Andrew: Is Parjo Rojo on the beach?

HLW
CT
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging & food in Bocas

Hi - I am headed to Bocas in february with my boyfrieend and I am looing for a place to stay for 3 nightt. We are spending 2 at thwe acqua lodge and would like to spend the other 3 at a place with a kitchen, preferably on the beach and not too expensive. Does anyone have any recomendations?

Thank you!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
623 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging & food in Bocas

Pargo Rojo is on Isla Carenero, which is right in front of Bocas, you could almost swim from one island to the other. I stayed in carenero (Hotel Casa Acuario) and liked it because it's cleaner and more peaceful. All hotels in Carenero have docks for the water taxis to take you over to Bocas at all times and almost no wait at all! Just stand on the dock and they'll stop. If you want to be close to the nightlife, stay in Bocas. You can still go out at night and comeback by water taxi to Carenero. The whole Bocas area has beautiful clear water, but the beaches are out where there is open water (no waves, no sand). Carenero has basic beach in between the hotels, and we jumped from our dock several times. At night the water under the dock is like an aquarium. The best variety of restaurants is in Bocas, but there are some in Carenero, including a place (don't know the name) which is the "distributor" of seafood for the area, and is the best-cheapest seafood, where the locals go (I racall a plate of 6-8 lobster tails very cheap). Casa Acuario is highly recommended.