We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mt elbrus - best outfitters

Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
mt elbrus - best outfitters

i'm planning to climb mt. elbrus and would like to join up with a group. can anyone recommend a good outfitter for this expedition?

thanks,

dan

mtnhombre@aol.com

18 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: mt elbrus - best outfitters

Anybody but overthe rainbow or elbrus tours. In my 12 years as a professional guide they are fair and away the worst company I have seen. They dick around on price and have hidden fees. Use Len alpine or Pilgrim.

Moscow, Moscow...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: mt elbrus - best outfitters

I've climbed mt Elbrus with "over the rainbow" or "elbrus tours" company (northern side) last week and I'm not happy of my choice due to hidden fees, bad food, plastic plates and cups, cheap and small tents for camping.

I recommend to use some other.

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: mt elbrus - best outfitters

Hi,

Is Elbrus Tours really that bad? I was thinking of climbing with them. They have the perfect schedule for me. Would you still recommend that aside from the food issue?

Thanks

Dublin
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: mt elbrus - best outfitters

Hi Liubov, what type of extra fees are you talking about - was it a lot of money?

Martin W

Hong Kong, China
9 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: mt elbrus - best outfitters

I am thinking to climb Elbrus in July or August 2014. I highly appreciate it if someone can help me out with the following questions:

1. How is the political situation around the Elbrus region?

2. would you recommend the north or south route? (I understand that there is no huts on the north route)

3. any reliable companies who offer porters during the climb?

thank you very much!

maui, hi
Level Contributor
189 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: mt elbrus - best outfitters

Any information about the political situation is greatly appreciated. Our family wants to climb Elbrus at the end of August and are wondering if it is okay.

Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: mt elbrus - best outfitters

i wish i could. the company that i was going with back in 2011 cancelled due to the security issue. i haven't been able to find time to reschedule it yet.

best,

dan

18. Re: mt elbrus - best outfitters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:19 am, January 31, 2015

Reply to: mt elbrus - best outfitters
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Baksan Valley