We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starry Minsu vs Misty Villa Minsu

Which Nantou County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
226 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Starry Minsu vs Misty Villa Minsu

I'm debating btw Starry Minsu and Misty Villa

Misty Villa seems better in terms of how the rooms look like and the location - near Starbucks and 7/11 and Little Swiss Garden

Starry is further away but the main difference is price. It is approx 30% cheaper than Misty Villa (and includes a delicious hotpot dinner according to some forum-ners)

Anyone has stayed at both minsus before and can recommend?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,717 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Starry Minsu vs Misty Villa Minsu

I stayed at Misting Minsu (雲濛仙境民宿) near Mist Plaza (where Starbucks and 7/11 convenience store are located) and Little Swiss Garden (another 7/11 convenience store). . I simply walked in for a night’s stay there without prior reservation. Good service and friendly staff. Buffet breakfast is provided. You need to walk up several steps to the rooms in Misting minsu. Good view of sun rise over the mountains.

Misting Minsu: http://www.misting.com.tw

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stayed in Starry Minsu (清境民宿觀星園景觀山莊) on another trip. I booked online without having to pay a deposit. Pay full on arrival. Good aerial view of Cingjing and the mountains from the rooms. Breakfast and hotpot dinner included. Beds have heating if it is too cold.

Starry Minsu: http://starry.nantou.com.tw

singapore
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Starry Minsu vs Misty Villa Minsu

Hi, it really depends on your preference. Misty beats Starry in terms of location and interior.

Starry beats Misty in terms of price and scenery. See what u value most.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
310 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Starry Minsu vs Misty Villa Minsu

Hi flying_Geo,

I wrote a review on Misty Villa during our recent trip to Cing Jing. You can check it out here.

We were certainly glad to make Misty Villa the minsu of our choice in Cing Jing.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g304160-d215103…

Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Starry Minsu vs Misty Villa Minsu

Stayed in Starry Minsu last year recommeded by fellow travellers here. Their minsu is the highest in Cing Jing with breathtaking views.

They have a small hut with balcony built on the edge of the cliff, 1-2 minutes walk from their main minsu house, which can accommodate up to 4 persons. We stayed in the hut for 2 nights and with view overlooking the mountains. You can request to stay in the hut when you book.

Their main drawback is their location. Not near to the centre and not walking distance to 7-11 store. The minsu owner will drive you out in the morning down to the centre. Once you done for the day, give him a call and he will pick you up back to the minsu for steamboat dinner. Thereafter usually you have to stay in your room.

Oh btw, their homemade veggie soup base for their steamboat dinner is fantastic.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Starry Minsu vs Misty Villa Minsu

Hi, I just got back from Starry Minsu to Taipei .... and I must say their Service, Food, Stay and View are SIMPLY FANTASTIC! Even though my family spend Thursday at Euro Country Villa and Friday at Starry, my wife and I feel that Starry Minsu makes you really feel at home. Mr and Mrs Lee have been so kind, sincere and friendly driveing us here and there ..... picking us from Euro and sending us to the farm visit, and when my daughter was crying hunger I was given a ride to the 7 Eleven in the night, and when we could not get our driver to drive us back on departure day at an earlier time and we were out on a floral and fruit farm visit, they gladly pick us up and drove us back to the Minsu and cooked us lunch when we missed lunch. This is so even though we have already checked out in the morning.

We had many small talks with both the husband and wife. I would gladly come back and stay. CHEERS

Kuala Lumpur...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Starry Minsu vs Misty Villa Minsu

can i know how to make booking

9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Starry Minsu vs Misty Villa Minsu

Hi kingpanther,

I'm planning to book starry for this June. Is the hut located higher than their minsu? Is the star viewing better from the hut? Need to know more abt the hut, hope can you share more abt it. You can email me pics if you have any, tks. kiong27@yahoo.com

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Starry Minsu vs Misty Villa Minsu

not really a hut.more like batam resort type house(small) near the main minsu. it's slightly lower than the main 1 because u walk down a slidely down slope. imo, the best place to view stars @ starry minsu is the open area infront of the minsu because u can have a 360deg view without anything blocking ur sight.

9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Starry Minsu vs Misty Villa Minsu

So is it better to stay at the hut or the minsu house?

9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Starry Minsu vs Misty Villa Minsu

Hi kingpanther,

I'm planning to book starry for this June. Is the hut located higher than their minsu? Is the star viewing better from the hut? Need to know more abt the hut, hope can you share more abt it. You can email me pics if you have any, tks. kiong27@yahoo.com

Get answers to your questions about Nantou County